The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you want to get McDavid?

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Oilers, just because it would be good to see them get ANOTHER "cant miss prospect"... odds are one of these days 1 of them will actually be the real deal.

But honestly, Buffalo has EARNED that pick.

I'll be livid if Arizona, Toronto, Florida, Boston, Pittsburgh or Los Angeles get it somehow.

By lossing on purpose? If Buffalo has earned anything it should be a huge fine and a lost draft pick. Earning that pick to me should be a team that plays hard every night but just doesn't have the talent to make the playoffs (Ie: Columbus, Florida or Winipeg if they miss) not a team that gave up before the season even started and has already started a marketing campaign about the number one pick (Buffalo).

I voted for Philly. He would make a good impact with that team, and the fact that he's in the East is good in that we won't be competing against his team too often.

I also like that they are a big US market, and could really make a dent in the ratings dominance by basketball (seriously, why do people like such a horrible spectator sport?).

But I'm guessing he will go to Arizona since they need him the most to keep the franchise down south. Toronto would just be more annoying than ever. Buffalo, Edmonton, Carolina, New Jersey might just ruin him for good. Florida could work, and make them serious contenders within a few years. Columbus is ok, they are usually under the radar, and he could really put that team on the map.

I'd rather he played in the east. For me, it's entirely about what it means to the Canucks, and him going to the Western Conference means it's harder for us to get a playoff spot.

Anywhere but a southern US market, especially Arizona, and LA assuming they miss out. Personally I'd like to see him go to a canadian team, even Edmonton or TO. That would bolster the chances of the cup coming back to Canada and it would dispel some the conspiracies of the league favoring the american teams.

I would hate it if McD went to Arizona because they've been tanking just as hard as Buffalo, the conspiracies would get stronger than ever, and the place has just simply been a black hole for too long. Bettman's pet project needs to relocate and McD would delay that from happening.

Archived