The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom sent down to Utica = Miller is back

TheRussianRocket.

If Lack has a bad game or two or god forbid an injury would you like Miller coming in or Markstrom?

Not a big factor. A stone cold Miller is no better than a Markstrom that's been training tirelessly for the last 3 months.

Miller is fine. But I imagine many people are more inclined to see what we have in our future back-up in Markstrom, if in fact Miller and his cap hit are one and done this summer because of the Dorsett, Sbisa raises.

If Lack has a bad game or two or god forbid an injury would you like Miller coming in or Markstrom?

I wouldn't put any stock in Lack having a bad game in a mean-nothing scenario. Besides, I bet Lack and Miller will split these games, thus the reason Markstrom was sent down.

As for injuries, that's more likely to happen once the playoffs start than it is in these two games. Knock on wood...

I wouldn't put any stock in Lack having a bad game in a mean-nothing scenario. Besides, I bet Lack and Miller will split these games, thus the reason Markstrom was sent down.

As for injuries, that's more likely to happen once the playoffs start than it is in these two games. Knock on wood...

Is Hanzal playing tonight?

I'm with you, it's a bit of a headscratcher as to how his injury wasn't even talked about for at least a month and then all of a sudden he made the trip to Winnipeg... for an hour practice. Now, less than a week later he's good to go?

In addition to this, his injury sort of coincides with his kid's birth. I don't doubt that the month he was injured he spent in LA with his wife as opposed to rehab/physio. I don't think his presence on the bench helps Eddie either, knowing now that Miller is there and able to replace him with the slightest mistake.

In addition to all of this, these last two games would have been great to move Markstrom along in his development. They're games against weak teams granted, but to give Markstrom some wins under his belt and keep him fresh is never a bad thing.

Welcome back Miller. Its absurd to think Miller would fake injury.

Archived