The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Richie and Kass get well soon we need you back!

*Buzzsaw*

Where did you hear that? I've heard that Kassian has been skating on his own for a while now and is almost ready to start practicing with the team. I expect that we will see him in the first round.

Has he been skating on his own? I've only heard he's been doing his own thing off the ice.

CanucksJay, on 10 Apr 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:snapback.png

The team has gelled and been playing well lately.

Who would you take out to insert Kassian and Richardson into the line up?

Would it disrupt the chemistry that was built up?

Bonino

Dudes not even close to being good enough to 2nd line a contender

Skating speed and strength aren't everything. imo Bonino plays an effective, smart game, one that isn't obvious without deciding to concentrate on him.

He's not good on faceoffs and his power play efficiency has been poor this year, but other than that I can't see how one can complain about his production offensively or defensively.

He stands first among Canuck regulars in even strength points per 60 minutes played at 2.04. (Baertschi is ahead of him but won't be a Canuck regular until next season.) He's played more minutes than any other Canuck forward on the team's elite penalty kill. He plays tough matchups. He ranks 3rd among Canuck forwards in the much-hated +/- statistic. As for the sometimes-hated possession statistics, at even strength he's 5th among Canuck forwards in CF% and 4th in CF%relTM, FF% and FF%TelTM behind only the twins and Burrows. (+/- from hockey-reference.com, the rest from stats.hockeyanalysis.com.)

I too am looking forward to Richie and Kassian playing, but the chances of sitting a healthy Bonino to get them into the lineup should be pretty much zero. The normal players to expect to sit based on WD's roster decisions to date would be Vey and Kenins. Canucks have played well pretty much all season with considerable changes in the forward lines so I'd be surprised to see a problem with chemistry from those moves.

Hey Kassian, take high doses of vitamin C. 3000 - 5000 milligrams daily. Vitamin C is very good for healing wounds and injuries and repairing damaged tissue like muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones, cartilage etc. It is also anti-inflammatory too. Works like a charm.

I had a really sore back the other day from stretching too much. It was so god-dam sore I could hardly walk without looking like the hunchback of notre dame. As soon as I started taking the vitamin c, it was much better the next day and gone in 2 days.

Kass could come in for vey kenins baertschi or bonino who has done eff all

In your dreams. Unless something goes really wrong I think Kass will sit these playoffs out this year. It sounds to me like he has been playing hurt for a long time and they are not prepared to take the chance of making the injury worse. Maybe an op in the close season even.

If he has recovered fully though then I see him coming in against the bigger teams, providing we get past Calgary which is no given.

The main way we win this series is depth scoring, and if we don't have Richardson or Kassian in our depth is shrivelled up. I can see the Horvat, Hansen and Kenins line doing some serious damage to the Flames, but the Matthias, Dorsett and Vey line have been pretty useless these last few games and they lack a true identity. Slotting Richardson into that line instead of Vey instantly gives us a true checking line, and Kassian in there too gives us size and grit to handle the goons in Calgary's bottom-6 who you just know will go head-hunting. I don't want to see the Sedins get tackled and expect Vbrata or Burrows to defend them.

Hey Kassian, take high doses of vitamin C. 3000 - 5000 milligrams daily. Vitamin C is very good for healing wounds and injuries and repairing damaged tissue like muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones, cartilage etc. It is also anti-inflammatory too. Works like a charm.

I had a really sore back the other day from stretching too much. It was so god-dam sore I could hardly walk without looking like the hunchback of notre dame. As soon as I started taking the vitamin c, it was much better the next day and gone in 2 days.

Thanks Dr. Recchi

Archived