The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Both Sedins have at least 70 points

Sixteen W's

I would hardly call winning 1-0 and 3-2 in OT as dominating though the games were super close, infact all the games the canucks won were by 1 goal.

The fact is injuries did play a huge role in that finals whether or not that is an "excuse". Look at how Kesler played against Nashville and then after he got hurt in game 1 or 2 vs San Jose. When 4 of your top 6 are injured or playing injured + a dman gets suspended and 4 or 5 of your top 6 forwards are also playing hurt its extremely tough to do anything.

Not taking away from Bostons win as they played hard and won fair and square but they also ran into the same problem when playing the Hawks the following year. Its extremely tough to play when a good portion of your key players / line up is playing hurt or is out injured.

I would hardly call winning 1-0 and 3-2 in OT as dominating though the games were super close, infact all the games the canucks won were by 1 goal.

The fact is injuries did play a huge role in that finals whether or not that is an "excuse". Look at how Kesler played against Nashville and then after he got hurt in game 1 or 2 vs San Jose. When 4 of your top 6 are injured or playing injured + a dman gets suspended and 4 or 5 of your top 6 forwards are also playing hurt its extremely tough to do anything.

Not taking away from Bostons win as they played hard and won fair and square but they also ran into the same problem when playing the Hawks the following year. Its extremely tough to play when a good portion of your key players / line up is playing hurt or is out injured.

I forgot all about Kesler's hip and hand injury.

Their playoff record percentage is almost identical to their regular season numbers. Chances are, they will continue to put up comparable points.

Pity that some Canuck fans don't know this and continue to believe they are playoff 'busts'.

I wouldn't say that they're playoff busts, but since 2010 they've been garbage in the playoffs.

Their playoff record percentage is almost identical to their regular season numbers. Chances are, they will continue to put up comparable points.

Pity that some Canuck fans don't know this and continue to believe they are playoff 'busts'.

@higgyfan, truly is sad that they get labelled like this each and every playoff. It's cup or bust with this crowd. Sad to say, it's all on their backs too.

Not only is THAT sad. It's pitiful that some fans still don't get that a team needs secondary scoring (ie depth) to be successful in the post season. They expect the Sedins to do it all, and they get a lot of the blame when the team doesn't win in the playoffs. Check out some of the top scorers in the league ... Seguin/Benn in Dallas, Voracek/Giroux in Philly ..... how are their teams doing? They can't do it all for their teams. Even two of the best players, Crosby and Malkin, can't do it all for Pitts by themselves.

This season we've been able to get back to the playoffs because we did get scoring from the other lines. And this is why I'm feeling hopeful for a deep playoff run. I believe the Sedins will still do their thing. But shut them down and the other lines are going to step up and score.

Its funny you mentioned that tidbit of information. Check the stats and you are right they are about a point per game in the playoffs including 2011. Then, check out their point totals for the Boston series. What happened? Try to explain without making excuses for them.

Its funny you mentioned that tidbit of information. Check the stats and you are right they are about a point per game in the playoffs including 2011. Then, check out their point totals for the Boston series. What happened? Try to explain without making excuses for them.

Charas long stick shut down their board play and short passes... It's not rocket appliances, everyone knew that Chara was the Sedins kryptonite...

What part of 2nd and 3rd line missing in that series don't you understand. Add Erhroff and Hamhuis and their injuries, hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not excuses EdgarM, not excuses. The depth was exposed.

What part of 2nd and 3rd line missing in that series don't you understand. Add Erhroff and Hamhuis and their injuries, hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not excuses EdgarM, not excuses. The depth was exposed.

Regardless of who was Not there, those that were there did not score. Period. 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th line. How many games did they get shut out? So tired of the excuses.

To be fair a quick glance shows Malkin, Datsyuk and Kane played only 67, 63 and 61 games respectively compared to 81 for the twins. It's likely that Kane's injury robbed him of a career year.

True but though being injured for a short - medium period still counts in the team's cap hit. And part of the value you get from a player's contract is their ability to stay healthy.

They got shutdown? It's not rocket science and it's not excuses.

All 4 lines got shutdown and our defense got exposed. Please stop ranting about "excuses"

Hmm?........Thats funny.....That was the same excuse I have heard about the losses in the 2011 SCF's. The first two games they dominated and won the first two games, I don't remember injuries holding them back for those first two games. Unless you classify "Choking" as an injury. :)

I guess we watched different series' cause I didnt see us do anything even relatively close to dominating in those first 2 games

The explanation is very simple. We had tons of injuries that destroyed our depth and then went against a team with a very good defense and a ridiculously hot goalie which equated to us not being able to score for crap. With half the team injured it was easier for them to shut us down. Was a miracle we even made it to game seven. There are more factors but thats all I care to write atm

They got shutdown? It's not rocket science and it's not excuses.

All 4 lines got shutdown and our defense got exposed. Please stop ranting about "excuses"

I will stop mentioning "excuses" when people stop making them up and you are right, they did get "shut down".Our PPG Twins managed to have points in 2 of the 7 games where Daniel had 4 pts and Hank had 1 pt. We were shutout for 2 of the games. 8 goals in 7 games?

I guess we watched different series' cause I didnt see us do anything even relatively close to dominating in those first 2 games

They played their puck possesion type hockey and played with confidence. They had generated more chances than their opponent and had Boston on their heels. It seemed they lost that confidence once they were blown out the next game 8-1.

Hmm?........Thats funny.....That was the same excuse I have heard about the losses in the 2011 SCF's. The first two games they dominated and won the first two games, I don't remember injuries holding them back for those first two games. Unless you classify "Choking" as an injury. :)

This is a canucks board buddy. If your not going to show your support or cheer on the team, get lost.

The explanation is very simple. We had tons of injuries that destroyed our depth and then went against a team with a very good defense and a ridiculously hot goalie which equated to us not being able to score for crap. With half the team injured it was easier for them to shut us down. Was a miracle we even made it to game seven. There are more factors but thats all I care to write atm

I did not see injuries as an excuse. They played very well for a team that had injuries. I think the game they got blown out in was pivotal as well as the intimidation they recieved from Boston. Their mental toughness seemed fragile and could not withstand the bullying from Boston,bad reffing etc. Boston's goaltending got better as the confidence started to sway in Boston's favor. I did not see this at the beginning of the series.

This is a canucks board buddy. If your not going to show your support or cheer on the team, get lost.

I do support and cheer on my team.....Buddy. I am just pissed we blew a very good opportunity to win a cup. You state YOUR opinion and I will state MINE......Champ! :)

I do support and cheer on my team.....Buddy. I am just pissed we blew a very good opportunity to win a cup. You state YOUR opinion and I will state MINE......Champ! :)

Don't worry, we all are! But we can't blame it on the players. Their bodies just were simply grinded down. After those 2 games, they didn't have what it takes physically to win the series. That's what the Bruins were good at at. Just playing hard, and grinding us down.

This part is so true.

The fact that people call Trevor the better captain compared to hank just baffles me. Their only and absolute reasoning is because hank isn't Canadian.

(edit: not that the rest of your post wasn't true... Just really wanted to point that part out)

Being Canadian has nothing to do with it. Trevor is the better captain for a myriad of intangible reasons that are best understood with this one photographtrevor_linden_gallery_23.jpg

Don't worry, we all are! But we can't blame it on the players. Their bodies just were simply grinded down. After those 2 games, they didn't have what it takes physically to win the series. That's what the Bruins were good at at. Just playing hard, and grinding us down.

I stated before that I seriously thought we were going to Sweep Boston in that series. It went from looking very good to very bad and I really thought after game 5 that they had gained some of that confidence back to win the series. I am just stating what I think went wrong and obviously the most glaring problem in those games was scoring and I look to the Twins first for offensive output.

Archived