The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Both Sedins have at least 70 points

Sixteen W's

This is also true. I have never said the twins are useless players just that when compared to others their not on the top of the list. Minding the fact that its a pretty impressive list to start with.

Which list? Please supply said list so we have something to compare to.

Which list? Please supply said list so we have something to compare to.

How many Captains have we had ? 13

IMO the list goes : Top 5

Trevor Linden

Stan Smyl

Henrik Sedin

Markus Naslund

Orland Kurtenbach

With Messier being dead last!

Trevor Linden

Stan Smyl

Henrik Sedin

Markus Naslund

Orland Kurtenbach

HAHA!!! Thats the way I see it too. Especially Captain #13.

People keep saying "I can't believe the Sedins get no respect, even from Canucks fans". But I rarely see anyone say anything ill of them. Including this forum. People read one or two negative comments and blow it out of proportion to ride that high horse.

It's more of the fact that people just take them for granted.

The emergence of Vrbata and now all of the sudden everyone's saying that he's better than both the Sedins and kind of shows some disrespect.

Both Hank and Daniel lead Vrbata in points by at least 10 this year, and are obviously more important leaders to the team. And yet MVP went to the third highest scorer and newcomer. Don't get me wrong I love Vrbata, but Hank/Danny should have won that, and would have if the city didn't take them for granted.

As an example, it's just like Pittsburgh fans claiming Patrick Hornqvist as MVP over both Crosby and Malkin. It's hideous.

So Daniel ends up with 76 pts... tied with HUDLER for 8th in the NHL. Henrik has 73, tied for 10th.

Awesome bounceback season! The best part... they still have gas in the tank for the post season!

I am hoping they have learned from the past and they can use their past post season experience to lead this team to the promised land. Go Nucks!

So Daniel ends up with 76 pts... tied with HUDLER for 8th in the NHL. Henrik has 73, tied for 10th.

Awesome bounceback season! The best part... they still have gas in the tank for the post season!

That's if they actually show up, they usually play like girls in the playoffs. That's the reason why my sister and I joke about it and call them "Sedin sisters".

That's if they actually show up, they usually play like girls in the playoffs. That's the reason why my sister and I joke about it and call them "Sedin sisters".

Lol you serious?

Henrik has 74 points in 99 games in the playoffs, and a higher GPG average than he does in the regular season. As a first liner, he has 54 points in 56 games against some of the league's top checkers. He sucked in the Boston series (beat up, having to face one of the most intimidating dmen in history) but prior to that he was the run away for the Conn Smythe and would have probably won it if we faced Tampa instead.

Even early in their career, his first playoff ever he tied for the team lead in points and in his second playoff he tied the team lead in goals.

Tied with Hudler for 1st in the West on a playoff team.

East is inferior so not sure why any of their players should get a single award.

Seguin and Benn... That's embarrassing. Next time focus on getting your team to the playoffs.

Daniel is the league MVP.

I don't know why there needs to be a debate over 'who's the better captain?'. Both Linden and Henrik were/are great captains in their own right. They've inspired their teammates in different ways... Linden with his heart and soul, Henrik with his Art Ross winning ability. Both have won over Canuck fans and players alike with their integrity and class, and have served as excellent role models for their teammates. There's a variety of leadership styles and personalities that make great captains. I don't think anyone can say that one particular style is better than another just because his team went further in their quest for the cup.

I don't know why there needs to be a debate over 'who's the better captain?'. Both Linden and Henrik were/are great captains in their own right. They've inspired their teammates in different ways... Linden with his heart and soul, Henrik with his Art Ross winning ability. Both have won over Canuck fans and players alike with their integrity and class, and have served as excellent role models for their teammates. There's a variety of leadership styles and personalities that make great captains. I don't think anyone can say that one particular style is better than another just because his team went further in their quest for the cup.

Trevor and Hank did take their teams to game 7.

GMJB should sign you for the playoffs. I for sure know you'll play better than the Sedins.

Trevor Linden

Stan Smyl

Henrik Sedin

Markus Naslund

Orland Kurtenbach

Basically, Messier is the second best captain they've ever had. Everyone else is tied for #1

I am hoping they have learned from the past and they can use their past post season experience to lead this team to the promised land. Go Nucks!

I'm writing this not to respond to this but your earlier quotes

Anything can be viewed as an "excuse", if you just don't validate the reason in your mind. But that doesn't take away from the fact that an excuse can be a good reason. I can give you the best reasons in the world, which some people actually have, as the reasons for the poor production has been examined and explained to death since 2011, it appears though that you'd rather brush off anything people say as just an "excuse". It seems you are simply trolling for the answer that "The bruins beat the canucks bad and proved the sedins crumble under pressure", which is surely not the case.

However, I will give you some good reasons that you most likely will brush off as excuses anyways.

Let's examine who the Sedins and Burrows were matched up against vs Boston

1) Bergeron - Arguably one of the best defensive forwards

2) Chara - Norris Calibre Dman

3) Tim Thomas - Vezina Calibre Goalie + Playing out of his mind vs Vancouver

Any line facing this trio all the time would certainly have issues scoring. However, the Sedins and Burrows were facing this trio all the time, while injured and no depth help. It's obvious to see how and why the Sedins could not get their offensive game going at all vs Boston.

Let's no examine the injuries that made it was easy for Boston to just focus on the Sedins and basically no other line.

Mikael Samuellson - Abduct Tendon and Hernia, 1st/2nd line player for us, out early round 2 vs Nashville

Christian Ehrhoff - Shoulder Injury, immediate surgery after playoffs. Our TOP scoring Dman, and he has no power to shoot or pass...literally was taking painkiller shots before every game vs Boston

Chris Higgins - Broken Foot, Surgery after playoffs. Played with it since Nashville series

Ryan Kesler - Torn hip Labrum, Torn Groin, We all saw when this happen vs SJ, 2nd line Center that had 41 goals, Our better version of Bergeron (for that year), heart and soul guy, Pk, PP, can shut down and score. Literally could barely move vs Boston. Required Surgery

Mason Raymond - 2nd line Winger, out game 6 with a broken vertabrae

Alex Edler - game 6, 2 broken fingers..Our 2nd leading dman playing with 3 fingers on one hand for game 7.

Dan Hamhuis - Our top Shutdown dman - gone after the hipcheck on Lucic..

Aaron Rome - suspended by NHL....

Do you remember game 6 and 7? when we had the likes of Tambellini and Oreskovich playing on the 2nd LINE and 3rd LINE...

It was also well known that Burrows had to have surgery on his shoulder as well but it wasn't made aware to public that he was injured until after the playoffs. Who knows how much the Sedins were actually injured in the playoffs but I doubt we could say they were 100%.

Let's remember now that Boston lost what? Nathan Horton...1 player? I looked up Boston Bruins injuries 2011 playoffs and didn't even come up with anything on the first page..

So let's conclude by reminding ourselves the situation in which the Canucks had to deal with for most or part of the SCF

Sedins for the most part were tagged team by Bergeron and Chara, not to mention obviously Charas D-partner and the likes of Marchand. Burrows injured, Sedins suffocated, the team that won almost every category in 2011 surely has other lines...nope...Kesler basically playing on sheer willpower, Higgins with a broken foot, Raymond out after game 6...that was our 2nd line..Then we have Torres, Lappy, Hansen, surely we didn't expect them to be scoring that much anyways but Lappy did come through a couple times for us!..and we all know the 4th line was fairly useless injured or not..Malhotra was playing with one eye, Tanner Glass was Tanner Glass and who remember Oreskovich?

Those were our forwards...Remember we also lost another great sniper in Samuellson as well which hurt because a healthy Samuellson puts Higgins on the 3rd line which makes it that much better..

Our D...Which when healthy was perfect...literally we had all the right components for most of the year. However it was not to be, our leading scorer for Dmen was taking shots like a heroine addict before games and couldn't even really shoot or pass, which was his forte for our PP. Our 2nd best offensive dman picked up 2 broken fingers. Our best shutdown dman who had been amazing all year for us was out after game 2. Aaron rome who was nothing to write home about but was in our top 6 and solid that year was suspended on a questionable decision by the NHL. I didn't list this as an injury but Bieksa had an MCL bruise from a major slash he took in the SJ series..so basically we had maybe...probably not though, a somewhat healthy Salo..and fresh out of college Tanev...

How does this effect our scoring? No great breakout passes, no quick transitions, no team chemistry from all our injuries.

Surely it's easy to say these are "excuses" but they are very much legitimate reasons why the Sedins and our team as a whole couldn't beat Boston in that series.

I dare say though, Put that healthy Boston team up against that Canucks team when healthy, I have no doubt we take that series at least 8/10 times. It of course would not be easy but we would have a definite advantage. We barely even had our top 6 forwards healthy and 4 of our 6 starting dmen were out or severely injured...

These "excuses" good enough for you?

I'm writing this not to respond to this but your earlier quotes

Anything can be viewed as an "excuse", if you just don't validate the reason in your mind. But that doesn't take away from the fact that an excuse can be a good reason. I can give you the best reasons in the world, which some people actually have, as the reasons for the poor production has been examined and explained to death since 2011, it appears though that you'd rather brush off anything people say as just an "excuse". It seems you are simply trolling for the answer that "The bruins beat the canucks bad and proved the sedins crumble under pressure", which is surely not the case.

However, I will give you some good reasons that you most likely will brush off as excuses anyways.

Let's examine who the Sedins and Burrows were matched up against vs Boston

1) Bergeron - Arguably one of the best defensive forwards

2) Chara - Norris Calibre Dman

3) Tim Thomas - Vezina Calibre Goalie + Playing out of his mind vs Vancouver

Any line facing this trio all the time would certainly have issues scoring. However, the Sedins and Burrows were facing this trio all the time, while injured and no depth help. It's obvious to see how and why the Sedins could not get their offensive game going at all vs Boston.

Let's no examine the injuries that made it was easy for Boston to just focus on the Sedins and basically no other line.

Mikael Samuellson - Abduct Tendon and Hernia, 1st/2nd line player for us, out early round 2 vs Nashville

Christian Ehrhoff - Shoulder Injury, immediate surgery after playoffs. Our TOP scoring Dman, and he has no power to shoot or pass...literally was taking painkiller shots before every game vs Boston

Chris Higgins - Broken Foot, Surgery after playoffs. Played with it since Nashville series

Ryan Kesler - Torn hip Labrum, Torn Groin, We all saw when this happen vs SJ, 2nd line Center that had 41 goals, Our better version of Bergeron (for that year), heart and soul guy, Pk, PP, can shut down and score. Literally could barely move vs Boston. Required Surgery

Mason Raymond - 2nd line Winger, out game 6 with a broken vertabrae

Alex Edler - game 6, 2 broken fingers..Our 2nd leading dman playing with 3 fingers on one hand for game 7.

Dan Hamhuis - Our top Shutdown dman - gone after the hipcheck on Lucic..

Aaron Rome - suspended by NHL....

Do you remember game 6 and 7? when we had the likes of Tambellini and Oreskovich playing on the 2nd LINE and 3rd LINE...

It was also well known that Burrows had to have surgery on his shoulder as well but it wasn't made aware to public that he was injured until after the playoffs. Who knows how much the Sedins were actually injured in the playoffs but I doubt we could say they were 100%.

Let's remember now that Boston lost what? Nathan Horton...1 player? I looked up Boston Bruins injuries 2011 playoffs and didn't even come up with anything on the first page..

So let's conclude by reminding ourselves the situation in which the Canucks had to deal with for most or part of the SCF

Sedins for the most part were tagged team by Bergeron and Chara, not to mention obviously Charas D-partner and the likes of Marchand. Burrows injured, Sedins suffocated, the team that won almost every category in 2011 surely has other lines...nope...Kesler basically playing on sheer willpower, Higgins with a broken foot, Raymond out after game 6...that was our 2nd line..Then we have Torres, Lappy, Hansen, surely we didn't expect them to be scoring that much anyways but Lappy did come through a couple times for us!..and we all know the 4th line was fairly useless injured or not..Malhotra was playing with one eye, Tanner Glass was Tanner Glass and who remember Oreskovich?

Those were our forwards...Remember we also lost another great sniper in Samuellson as well which hurt because a healthy Samuellson puts Higgins on the 3rd line which makes it that much better..

Our D...Which when healthy was perfect...literally we had all the right components for most of the year. However it was not to be, our leading scorer for Dmen was taking shots like a heroine addict before games and couldn't even really shoot or pass, which was his forte for our PP. Our 2nd best offensive dman picked up 2 broken fingers. Our best shutdown dman who had been amazing all year for us was out after game 2. Aaron rome who was nothing to write home about but was in our top 6 and solid that year was suspended on a questionable decision by the NHL. I didn't list this as an injury but Bieksa had an MCL bruise from a major slash he took in the SJ series..so basically we had maybe...probably not though, a somewhat healthy Salo..and fresh out of college Tanev...

How does this effect our scoring? No great breakout passes, no quick transitions, no team chemistry from all our injuries.

Surely it's easy to say these are "excuses" but they are very much legitimate reasons why the Sedins and our team as a whole couldn't beat Boston in that series.

I dare say though, Put that healthy Boston team up against that Canucks team when healthy, I have no doubt we take that series at least 8/10 times. It of course would not be easy but we would have a definite advantage. We barely even had our top 6 forwards healthy and 4 of our 6 starting dmen were out or severely injured...

These "excuses" good enough for you?

Probably not, but he will come back with "excuses". lol! Higgins and Malhotra as well, I forgot those two as well. Don't forget though, in the first two games in Vancouver, they were exposing Chara's speed, and kept dumping the puck into his corner each and every time they could. He looked so slow in that series early on.

Archived