The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shutting down Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler

*Buzzsaw*

How to shut down Calgary's big line?  

275 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should of had LA, they are ready for the picking. The young Flames will be hard to beat, and you guys will know just how annoying their fan base really is. Remember this one thing, if we lose to the Flames you will regret not playing LA Kings. It seems many of you have forgot 2004, heck I was there and I can't ever forget how annoying the Flames fan base really is.

This is the reason I didn't want to play them because of their annoying fan base. Just hope we don't lose.

Their fans are annoying, I posted a thanks Flames for beating the king on their Instagram account - Canucks fan

then i had like 6-8 people tag me saying why you thanking us we sweep u in 4, we will kick your A$$.. I wanted to reply which some disses but They're not worth my time

Thats easy the line which is always put out against the opposition top line Higgins and Bonino line. They've done a good job all season long, I don't see why we would change, our game and game plan just to crush Gaudeau.

horvat routinely played against the biggest names in the nhl

horvat routinely played against the biggest names in the nhl

Not routinely occasionally it was mainly bonino's job through out the whole season. Just because he got to do it a couple of times doesn't make it a norm. If its routinely why has Horvat over the last 5 game has had a TOI between 10-15 in each of those games compared to Boninos 15-19. Now which one do you think has been out against the oppositions top line.

I think the Bonino line has the experience and composure to give them all they can handle.

I'd rather keep Horvat's line free to give Calgary all they can handle.

I believe we can handle Calgary, but I don't believe its going to be an easy series, Calgary is a well coached team.

I think its Vancouver in 6

Man this is gonna be a great series. Two "never say die" teams going head to head. Honestly though, I think we crush them in 5. I'm not underestimating them so much as being very confident in our team. The way we put our demons aside and crushed Arizona last night should send a clear message to Calgary.

Overall I think our teams match up well, and it'll come down to intangibles. Mostly being experience. Most of our vets have been there and back and know how to stay calm, cool and collected in the playoffs. I predict we go into Calgary 2-0, they win Game 3, we take 4 and the series back in Vancouver.

Their young guns are going to be simply overmatched by our veteran leadership. I bet we see quite a few gaffes and mistakes by their kids.

Canucks in 5. Bank it.

It's not that we have to find a line to shut down. It's that they have to find 4 lines to shut down.

And it wouldn't be Gaudreau I would be targeting. In game one I think somebody should lay Lance Bouma the frack out. That will set the tone for the whole series. Wait, that's assuming Bouma's in the game. He's missed some time here.

the flames have pretty good offence but their depth is lacking. they can find ways to win games, but in a 7 game series, that lack of depth can be exposed. outside of that top line, they have... bouma, maybe backlund (don't underestimate this guy) then wideman on the backend, while the canucks have balanced scoring; harder to maintain i would think

They've scored more goals and let in fewer goals than the Canucks. This won't be a cake walk. We can beat them but they shouldn't be underestimated.

The way we put our demons aside and crushed Arizona last night should send a clear message to Calgary.

:rolleyes:

non-hockey-market 2nd worst team on the 2nd last game of the season, 3 PPG's mean nothing to Calgary - the least penalized team by a long shot. Calgary hasn't taken a penalty in over 4 games. There couldn't be a less important game. what are you even talking about.

Meanwhile Calgary just beat LA in regulation to clinch.

but totally, Calgary is mad impressed we beat up on Arizona... :picard:

:rolleyes:

non-hockey-market 2nd worst team on the 2nd last game of the season. There couldn't be a less important game. what are you even talking about.

Meanwhile Calgary just beat LA in regulation to clinch.

but totally, Calgary is mad impressed we beat up on Arizona... :picard:

calgary wouldn't have been in the position to clinch if we hadn't taken down LA 2 times in a row leading up to their game and completely destroyed their confidence just 2 games prior. We put the knife in their heart, calgary merely twisted.

Guest Dasein

no reason to not play the sedins against their softest line.

hudler makes raymond look like lucic

WTF?

Hudler plays tougher than Raymond...

Archived