The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Super 16 - Really just a super joke?

Fateless

I like how Ottawa, with a 22-4-4 record since Feb 10th, is ranked just 1 spot above us at 15th. Ya, that's some good analysis there.

The rankings are supposed to take recent success into account, right? I'm surprised Minnesota and Ottawa aren't higher. They're basically the best teams in the league right now lol

What's the alternative? Just restating the standings, or the last 10 game record from nhl.com.

We were 1st on the tsn's version of "super 16" in 2012, before we were eliminated in the first round in the playoffs. A prudent analyst would have noticed that LA was playing much better than us.

Edit: If you don't like it, you can just ignore it.

Corey Masisak is a joke. I have no idea how he still has a job. I remember last week's Super 16 he put LA as 3rd. He said that LA might not make the playoffs but they have the best advanced stats and were poised to win the cup. I had a good laugh.

I have no idea how he makes the rankings but I think he bases a lot of it off of advanced stats (and his love for the LA Kings). Basically what I took out of the Super 16 articles is that advanced stats are so overrated and aren't as accurate as the "educated hockey writers" seem to think. It's too bad Masisak chose to ignore the most important stat - points.

Side note: I remember a couple months ago EJ Hradek (the NHL network guy who is in most of the videos) called Masisak out for having "no hockey knowledge."

Do you have a link or date? I would love to see that.

Corey Masisak is a joke. I have no idea how he still has a job. I remember last week's Super 16 he put LA as 3rd. He said that LA might not make the playoffs but they have the best advanced stats and were poised to win the cup. I had a good laugh.

I have no idea how he makes the rankings but I think he bases a lot of it off of advanced stats (and his love for the LA Kings). Basically what I took out of the Super 16 articles is that advanced stats are so overrated and aren't as accurate as the "educated hockey writers" seem to think. It's too bad Masisak chose to ignore the most important stat - points.

Side note: I remember a couple months ago EJ Hradek (the NHL network guy who is in most of the videos) called Masisak out for having "no hockey knowledge."

The Kings are still poised to win a cup...if they practice really hard maybe they"ll win the Ryder Cup.

Archived