The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anonymous threatens Vineland PD as investigation into death of man in custody continues

Webster6

Not that I care for NBC's perspective on this or what any government official has said. I just thought I'd start a discussion on this ongoing case, and what you guys think of Anonymous' actions.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Anonymous-Threatens-Vineland-PD-as-Investigation-on-Death-of-Man-in-Custody-Continues---298956441.html

http://rt.com/usa/246361-vineland-beating-dog-bite-death/

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20150408_Vineland_police_get_anonymous_ultimatum_via_video.html?c=r

The hacking group that calls itself Anonymous, following through on a video threat, revealed the names of two of the Vineland, N.J., officers involved in a fatal arrest last week, and officials confirmed the names Tuesday. Chief Timothy Codispoti posted recordings of the 911 call and police dispatches from the arrest of Phillip White on the department's Facebook page. A lawyer representing the three officers involved in the incident confirmed their names, as did the chief, who was cited by NJ.com. Police used a dog to restrain White, 32, of Vineland, after they said he tried to reach for one of the officers' weapons on March 31. White's family and a rights activist, citing witnesses, allege that the officers punched and beat White before he was placed in an ambulance for respiratory distress. They also point to a bystander's cellphone video, which they say shows a police dog biting White as he lies on the ground.

On Tuesday, the names, home addresses, and phone numbers of Officers Louis Platania and Jeffrey Travaline were posted on a website that has been used by Anonymous hackers.

Stuart Alterman, who said he has been hired by the police union to represent the three officers, called the release of names by Anonymous "unfortunate," saying the investigation should be allowed to play out. "To interrupt the flow and to threaten the release of information is tantamount to extortion of law enforcement authorities," Alterman said.

The biggest beef I have with anonymous is they're always blowing out hot air so to speak..

Aside from cyber hacking what else can/have they done?

They constantly threaten governments, people, terrorist organizations, etc.. but usually just amounts to attacks websites and/or leaking out info..

IMO soon or later they will become irrelevant once people realize not to put sensitive info on the web and to secure their data.

The biggest beef I have with anonymous is they're always blowing out hot air so to speak..

They constantly threaten governments, people, terrorist organizations, etc.. but usually just amounts to attacks websites and/or leaking out info..

IMO soon or later they will become irrelevant once people realize not to put sensitive info on the web and to secure their data.

This will never happen. To many people aren't computer literate enough to protect their data

That's what they do/who they are though...

They fight what they perceive to be injustice via the internet.

What are you expecting them to do? :blink:

These are the guys who helped get rid of Lizard Squard (the group who shutdown PSN for 3 days) They claim to be "hackivist" and only do what they do to make the world a better place. Just incase anyone was wondering

Anyone can claim to be Anonymous and there will always be those that hack for their own causes. For example Lulz Sec. One of which is now an FBI informant. However the greater collective hive mind of ideas are fighting for the rights of humanity. Maybe in your views their tactics are not effective, but their have been some significant damage done in the form of exposing corruption to the day of light.

I also don't agree with all their actions at all times. Although they've also done a lot of remarkable things to help to people, rather than the power. They've crossed the line before yes, but they're opponent has reach much further over the line.

How long until anonymous hacks celebs again :bigblush:

Anyone stupid enough to do that and end up getting caught, is not good enough to be considered anonymous.

Besides I believe most of that happens because independent hackers treat celeb nudes on the dark net like trading cards. Having one few have seen makes it valuable.

That's what they do/who they are though...

They fight what they perceive to be injustice via the internet.

What are you expecting them to do? :blink:

Maybe act like the real V-Vendetta lol I dont know..

To me they seem like cowards behind a computer screen..

I mean I don't deny the good they have done...

The irony in their mask is hilarious considering the fact it has connections to Guy Fawkes who one could argue was a terrorist of his time.. and then they threaten other terrorists groups etc..

Long story short I am not too gong ho about them like some people.

Maybe they should be more focused on the REAL problems of the world. Hacking Kim Jong-Un's bank accounts, disrupting terrorists' lines of communications, poking holes through the Great Firewall of China, etc.

They absolutely do this as well. They've threatened the North Korean government over more than one situation. As well as that they have collectively gathered and use their hacking skills to disrupt ISIS communications through social media platforms, as well as have trashed several jihadist recruiting websites.

Archived