The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Art Ross - Crosby, Tavares or Benn?

Who will win the 2014-15 Art Ross Trophy?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is the final day of the 2014-15 season and we find ourselves with 3 contenders for the Art Ross Trophy still (well there WAS 5, but Voracek and Ovechkin didn't do enough in their early games to get in).

John Tavares 84 pts in 81 GP 37G
Sidney Crosby 84 pts 76 GP 28G

Jamie Benn 83 pts 81 GP 32G

Tavares plays the Bluejackets
Crosby plays the Sabres

Benn plays the Preds

Someone will win the Art Ross tonight, but who?

Sad, this is the lowest scoring Art Ross winner of my lifetime (shortened seasons excluded).

So much for the NHL trying to improve scoring.

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win? Who do you not want to win?

A BC boy wins the Art Ross, when is the last time that has happened if ever?

A guy playing in Canadian junior hockey drafted in the 5th round LOL at NHL scouts.

I did some research and it seems that Benn is actually the first. Yzerman's best years were during Gretzky and Lemieux's heydey and Sakic never quite won it. Other notables were Recchi, Anderson and Kariya, but they never won it either.

Lynn Patrick, who played for the Rangers in the 30s and 40s never made it, but he did lead the league in goal-scoring with 32 goals in 41-42.

I did some research and it seems that Benn is actually the first. Yzerman's best years were during Gretzky and Lemieux's heydey and Sakic never quite won it. Other notables were Recchi, Anderson and Kariya, but they never won it either.

Lynn Patrick, who played for the Rangers in the 30s and 40s never made it, but he did lead the league in goal-scoring with 32 goals in 41-42.

Wow that makes it even better. Sakic was the first guy I thought of but I guess he never did, interesting.

Archived