The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (3) Detroit Red Wings

Who will win the series?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wings have been playing terrible hockey down the stretch. Lightning in 6. (Also, don't call me out for spamming, I just like the updated logos better)

tbl11h.png?format=300wdet07h.png?format=300w

To be honest, there's too much empty space for my liking. And I've always been a fan of that shine effect in the other ones.

As for the series, Bolts in 6. Better offence, D, and goaltending. Wings have experience but I don't think it will be enough to save them.

Full Schedule:

No. 2 Tampa Bay vs. No. 3 Detroit

Thursday, April 16 7:30 p.m. Detroit at Tampa Bay CNBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 18 3 p.m. Detroit at Tampa Bay NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Tuesday, April 21 7 p.m. Tampa Bay at Detroit NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Thursday, April 23 7 p.m. Tampa Bay at Detroit NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Saturday, April 25 TBD Detroit at Tampa Bay TBD

*Monday, April 27 TBD Tampa Bay at Detroit TBD

*Wednesday, April 29 TBD Detroit at Tampa Bay TBD

Why? This should be a high scoring, fast paced series. Going to be so much fun to watch with all the talented forwards and lack of talented D and goaltending

Just my perspective, I'd rather watch other series. Plus I'm so removed from these teams cause I never see them so I have no personal investment in either.

Petr Mrazek gets the start for Round 1 vs the ‪Lightning‬! Mrazek, who started every minute of Detroit's ‪‎AHL‬ affiliate's Calder Cup championship in 2013, will be quite familiar with his foe as Tampa's roster features 9 players from the Syracuse ‪Crunch‬ that he defeated in the final that year: Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Cedric Paquette, Vladislav Namestnikov, Alex Killorn, JT Brown, Mark Barberio, Andrej Sustr & Luke Witkowski.

I was expecting every series to be lengthy - 6 games minimum for each. But then I came across this one. I'm sure the media will be all over the Yzerman vs Red Wings angle. Tampa is very good, Detroit has been average down the stretch, and if not for a few timely wins, they would be spectators this post-season... but it may seem that way to the casual viewer anyways.

Tampa in 4.

Archived