The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Does anyobody else notice a dramatic change in Edler?

Honestly for the last couple seasons, just bad passes, no confidence, laying up against getting hit.

I don't know if it's been the last 5 or 10 games or so...but all a sudden he has that old swagger.

Scoring goals, strong passes, sharp hockey IQ. I don't know if it's Willie or he found it on his own...but it's awesome!

yeah , its amazing how getting your dignity taken away in front of your peers and fans will f,ck you up ... torts was a fool .. he will never coach in the nhl again

Does anyobody else notice a dramatic change in Edler?

Honestly for the last couple seasons, just bad passes, no confidence, laying up against getting hit.

I don't know if it's been the last 5 or 10 games or so...but all a sudden he has that old swagger.

Scoring goals, strong passes, sharp hockey IQ. I don't know if it's Willie or he found it on his own...but it's awesome!

Yes so many of the guys are playing their best hockey heading into the Play offs gives the team a better chance of making some noise

PJ is such a joke. Yes Cal has a fast and youthful line, but one or two hard hits shift after shift and watch their offence suffer. They should also PRY to god Hiller doesn't get hurt. We have Lack and Miller ready. Not to mention the amount of players coming back for us. Richie, Kassian, Matthias etc etc + players we can call up.

If you don't think Calgary is legit competion for us maybe he does need to build them up for fans.

Calgary also has Ramo who has played great this season, and more depth than you give them credit for (10 double digit goal scorers).

Enough with the downplaying of Calgary. Treat them like any team that is standing in our way. The Canucks need to come out of their cages like gorillas!

Even though it meant nothing... that was an important game.

It gave Miller a chance to get his legs... yeah he was shaky at the start, but he got better as the game went on. No, he won't start the playoffs, but he will be more ready to step in if he needs to.

And giving Baertschi a chance to show his stuff... HUGE. This kid is a STEAL. Calgary is going to regret losing him. He has BIGTIME goal scoring skills... from what I see he has the touch of a Vrbata... really confident with the puck and knows how to use time to his advantage.

The Sedins were shaky defensively, but they did come back and win the game.

Same with the Horvat line, shaky to start, but finished strong.

And coming back twice being down two goals... really good team building.

I think this was a good tuneup for the Flames... hopefully the team will treat is as a wakeup... DON'T let the other team get the jump, get on top of them early.

If the Canucks can get themselves going early, they will be potentially unstoppable.

--------

Listening to Benning postgame... this guy is the real deal as far as I'm concerned. No showboating, no big mouth... he just gets the job done.

I normally respect Eliot Friedman, but his comment that Benning didn't really do much and that Gillis/Tortorella weren't that bad... COMPLETELY WRONG. Benning has made BIG changes to this team... wasn't just tinkering. He has changed the whole direction of the Canucks.

---------

Looking forward to the playoffs! :emot-parrot:

who would have thought at the start of the season we would finish with 48 wins, 101 points, +20 goals differential and home ice in the playoffs. and an almost mirror road and home record. only one loss at home that was an ot loss on the road.

Archived