The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi deserves a shot against Calgary!

G. Reaper

Karma is a mother.....lover.....

I highly doubt treliving thought they'd be playing the 'nucks first round. This situation has serious "cam neely" written all over it.

Gettin a little ahead of ourselves, but it does have that bit of foreshadowing.

Neither team made any other trade on deadline. I said it on deadline day, sorry flames....you got robbed by a real GM.

It all depends on the actual healthyness of our injured reserve

Mathias

Kassian

Richardson

Who"s actually injured and whose just getting some rest?

Kinda seems like Mathias should be good to go and I wouldn't be surprised to see Richardson in game 1

Sedin Sedin burrows

Higgins bonino vrbata

Mathias Richardson Dorset

Kenins Horvat Hansen

That's how I see game 1 and I'm a fan of baertschi. Just how old willy d thinks

I'm going to disagree. I love the trade to acquire him, but a couple goals in a pre-season type game isn't enough to get him in the playoff lineup over more established players. Not yet anyway.

Hello there PJ Stock! Sven should play in the playoffs. He probably won't take higgins spot, but he should be on the horvat line with hansen.

Sven should start with Bonino, and Vrbata. You can obviously see the instant chemistry combined with very high skill. It's like a line of assassins, and a great looking second line threat. I realize the EDM game wasn't as tight checking, but Sven's passing ability and awareness on the ice is extremely good. He has a good sense for the game. Sick hands as well.

I also like him in place of Kassian... he is just as much an offensive threat, but I think he is better defensively.

if Kassian is healthy he "could" be a wrecking ball in a 7 game series. You don't sit a bull for a ballerina in the playoffs.

I would like to see him in the lineup, but down on the 3rd or 4th line.

Higgins is more effective as 3rd liner anyways. May as well put talent on the second line.

Baertschi was okay on the third/fourth line, but it was obvious when put with skilled players that he made the entire line better. That's why he will be a top-6 forward and why he needs to play there.

I absolutely love how Baertschi protects the puck. he always shields the puck and is able to use his smaller frame to block players from checking him. His goals weren't Baer-Down, but his two goal performance was Sven-sational. Hopefully he can go top Schi-ese against the Flames.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Higgins - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

This is if Richardson and Kassian are back and ready to go.

I'd rather see Kassian back with the Sedins, at least to start. Need him to terrorize the two dancing profiteroles and put their heads on a swivel.

I'm going to disagree. I love the trade to acquire him, but a couple goals in a pre-season type game isn't enough to get him in the playoff lineup over more established players. Not yet anyway.

Good to see a voice of reason after what was a very soft game. He will get a shot eventually.

Baertschi looked good with Bonino and Vrbata. I would give it a try for a game or two and see how it goes.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Higgins - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

This is if Richardson and Kassian are back and ready to go.

matthias needs in there... we really do have a good deep team!

Back and forth on WD's comments regarding Baer in the post game. It seems he was impressed, but wants to stick with his main lineup. Believes however that Baertschi is more successful in a scoring role. Thinks that Baer can add offense to whichever line he is one.

It could just be mind games by Willie to hide the fact from the Flames that Baer might start the playoffs. It would certainly give us more skill options.

As per the injuries, I've only heard of Kassian skating on Friday. I'm not sure how long he's been out but the back is a serious thing, requiring more that a couple of skates to get his rhythm back. As much as I'd like to see him play, I'd rather see him rest up as he can often be awkward when returning to the lineup.

Matthias is probably just resting and should be back for game 1 in any capacity. I haven't even heard of Richardson skating, and from prior injuries it seems he takes the pain threshold a day at a time. It seems bone bruising is tricky.

With all this said, there's a strong possibility Baertschi could play. I don't however believe Vey would sit in his stead, so it's a matter of who's injured and what WD wants to bring in game 1. Th suspense is killing me. PLAYOFFS!!!

Archived