The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi deserves a shot against Calgary!

G. Reaper

Only the canucks would send this guy down after he scores 2 goals, while we're facing his former team that he hates in the playoffs.

Doesn't matter if it was against the Oilers, Higgins nor Matthias would have scored those goals and they're who he should be replacing.

He looked good with Vbrata. Against Calgary tonight, Vbrata's skill was completely wasted with Higgins and Bonino. They're 3 completely un-complementary players. I say we try the same lines next game but swap Burrows and Vbrata. If we score less than 2 goals again in Game 2, try this (we'll need a big shakeup then):

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata (passer - passer - shooter)

Baertschi - Bonino - Burrows (shooter - checker - passer)

Higgins - Richardson - Matthias (checking line)

Dorset/Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

He looked good with Vbrata. Against Calgary tonight, Vbrata's skill was completely wasted with Higgins and Bonino. They're 3 completely un-complementary players. I say we try the same lines next game but swap Burrows and Vbrata. If we score less than 2 goals again in Game 2, try this (we'll need a big shakeup then):

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata (passer - passer - shooter)

Baertschi - Bonino - Burrows (shooter - checker - passer)

Higgins - Richardson - Matthias (checking line)

Dorset/Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

2nd line is mixed up.

Bae is more of a playmaker.

(passer-shooter-shooter)

Its typical of the Canucks management to send Baertschi down even after he seemed to fit in well. They always overthink things in an insane need to manage the heck out of a players developement. This guy has good size and skill and was really missed tonight as we lose game one. "Canucks in 6", they said . What a joke !

Its typical of the Canucks management to send Baertschi down even after he seemed to fit in well. They always overthink things in an insane need to manage the heck out of a players developement. This guy has good size and skill and was really missed tonight as we lose game one. "Canucks in 6", they said . What a joke !

Agreed, if we had Bennet they'd never have the balls to do what Calgary did and look how it's payed off so far.

Maybe:

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Bonino Vrbata

Higgins Richardson Matthias

Kenins Horvat Dorsett

Higgins will not be supplanted off the second line (God only knows why not as he is brutal there) but your lineup actually might be the best way to go.

I expect though

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

Higgins will not be supplanted off the second line (God only knows why not as he is brutal there) but your lineup actually might be the best way to go.

I expect though

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

You think they don't play Baertschi??!?!?

How well do you think Baertschi would gel with the sedins? Or Horvat?

I have thought about it a lot and this would be my official game lines.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Matthias

Kennins Richardson Dorsett

Do u agree with theses line?

I think this gives us a ligit 2nd line

You could even switch Hansen and Vrbata.

But i would rather Dsedin try and score. With Vrbata on the line he will look for him b4 thinking shot. Have Vrbata with 2 skilled young playmakers.

Archived