The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler 14 points in the last 14 games

Sixteen W's

Yeah, now he's 4th for all time Canucks defensemen in most goals scored too after scoring the overtime goal!

Amazing achievement, 9 more goals to become 3rd over Salo.

PS. Disappointed Edler didn't get Best D-men Award for this Season, but Congrats to Tanev! Both were our best d-men this season.

"Trade Edler. He's done. He's trash, look at that +/-"

Where are all you guys at now?

Not sure anyone actually said this. Virtually everyone on CDC had the view:

"Tortorella was a clueless coach who caused a sharp decline in performance by most of the team's top players, including Edler, the Sedins, Burrows, and others. We expect a bounceback next year."

Not sure anyone actually said this. Virtually everyone on CDC had the view:

"Tortorella was a clueless coach who caused a sharp decline in performance by most of the team's top players, including Edler, the Sedins, Burrows, and others. We expect a bounceback next year."

Oh there was some people saying it

Yeah, now he's 4th for all time Canucks defensemen in most goals scored too after scoring the overtime goal!

Amazing achievement, 9 more goals to become 3rd over Salo.

PS. Disappointed Edler didn't get Best D-men Award for this Season, but Congrats to Tanev! Both were our best d-men this season.

I was also disappointed Edler did not get the best D-man award. He clearly deserved it. Nothing against Tanev, but Edler is just as good in his own zone and is obviously far better in the offensive zone, not to mention his importance on the PP. And plays a more physical game that wears down the opposing players, although I agree Tanev blocks more shots and is very good at making the first pass to get the puck out of the defensive zone.

I like Tanev but I cannot be a nice as you, StarGirl. Tanev was the Canucks second-best D this season and, in my view, did not deserve the award, which is supposed to go to the #1 guy.

So many people had just given up on Edler after last season. He was almost always the first name brought up on who should be moved since he was apparently the cause of all the team's problems. Thankfully Benning didn't buy into that crap and understood how valuable a player Edler is and how hard it is to find players with his size, skill, and speed. The guy hits like a cement truck and has an absolute canon of a slapshot. The Flames forwards are in for a world of hurt when big number 23 will be on the ice against them.

6 points in his last 2 games against weak teams skews these totals, but he has arrived at the right time. That Calgary top line is going to get stifled by Edler and Tanev, and that'll be the story of the series.

Still, 8 in 12 is also impressive.

Archived