The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Really impressed with the DEPTH of this team... HUGE for Playoffs

*Buzzsaw*

Our depth is paper thin in two crucial positions: center and goal.

Vey is a marginal NHLer at this point. Matthias is worse.

Who is the next best center in our organization?

This was benning's biggest failing at the trade deadline. I wish he'd traded for a center with some nhl experience.

Miller is not ready to play. If Lack goes down we're in trouble.

This was benning's biggest failing at the trade deadline. I wish he'd traded for a center with some nhl experience.

This is true for almost every team in the NHL. Ramo is not ready to play. If Hiller goes down, Flames are in trouble.

If Price goes down, Habs are in trouble. If Crawford goes down, Hawks are in trouble. If Rinne goes down, Preds are in trouble. If Dubnyk goes down, Wilds are in trouble. If Bishop goes down, Lightnings are in trouble...

As for trading for an extra center. We had Richardson who was set to return from injury and with Vey and Matthias as options, I think Benning didn't really see the need for an extra center. He wasn't interested in a rental and if there was a permanent option that could've been had for a decent price, I'm sure he would've made a deal.

We have good center depth and better goaltending depth than most teams. Most teams do not have 2 starters. Most teams would be in worse shape goaltending wise if their starter went down than we would be.

Archived