The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres Coach Ted Nolan has been relieved of his duties.

Zfetch

Nolan sure has had a weird coaching career.

I wondered what was going through his mind when Super Tanker Buffalo hired him.

He had great success and then some kind of weird black-balling kept him out of the league for years.

Anybody know the truth behind the scenes with Ted Nolan's career?

Nolan sure has had a weird coaching career.

I wondered what was going through his mind when Super Tanker Buffalo hired him.

He had great success and then some kind of weird black-balling kept him out of the league for years.

Anybody know the truth behind the scenes with Ted Nolan's career?

There are plenty of rumors. Some that he got Muckler fired by going over his head. Others that he was chasing after players wives. I don't think anything concrete has ever come out on it. Smoke...fire...

The writing was on the wall. Ted Nolan was being used and that is why he wasn't fired for his comments earlier in the season regarding tanking.

"...believing this draft in particular will be a benefit for the team...but do the players believe in it? No. The players believe in playing hard every day. That’s their makeup. That’s who they are. That’s what they get paid for, to give their best. And if they don’t give their best, their going to lose their jobs....If you go to work every day and you don’t do your best you certainly won’t be around too long...You have to have respect for the players knowing that they have to give their best because it’s their livelihood."

That quote is why Murray lacks integrity. He took his team and the league for granted, and waved is limp one in the faces of the fans and GM's around the league. It disgusts me and I hope nothing but the worst outcome for the Sabres at the draft. Sabres are now in the same category as the Pens and the Coilers. Lowlife, selfish two-bit losers who would cheat at the expense of the teams who chose to work within the spirit of competition. We might as well have a team on the juice if this is how the league is manipulated.

I've always liked Nolan. When the Islanders were going through their crap period, he was able to bring them to the playoffs.

This time around, he deserved better than this. He was given nothing this season to succeed. They even traded their backup goaltender to ensure they'd keep losing, counting on Anders Lindback to backstop them.

I understand wanting a new voice, so in that sense, good on them. But Nolan is a good coach, so hopefully he finds employment soon.

Archived