The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stanley cup finals

NucksinNorway

ok so I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I need to plan.

quick question. Any idea if they have set the dates for the finals. Or at least when the latest they would be? I've got a foo fighters concert June 10th in Oslo and a trip to Italy right after. I'm wondering if the canucks make the finals, will I be able to make a trip beforehand to vancouver (from Norway obviously, hence the username). I've searched over the Internet but only found dates from previous years.

ok so I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I need to plan.

quick question. Any idea if they have set the dates for the finals. Or at least when the latest they would be? I've got a foo fighters concert June 10th in Oslo and a trip to Italy right after. I'm wondering if the canucks make the finals, will I be able to make a trip beforehand to vancouver (from Norway obviously, hence the username). I've searched over the Internet but only found dates from previous years.

June 7-10?

All depends on how many series go 7 games. So I dont know I would Assume maximum of 56 days from Wednesday. But I don't make the schedule. With or without the nucks there.. Don't want to jinx anything.

June 7-10?

All depends on how many series go 7 games. So I dont know I would Assume maximum of 56 days from Wednesday. But I don't make the schedule. With or without the nucks there.. Don't want to jinx anything.

This. If all the series go 4-5 games, they'll be done in mid- to late-May. If they all go 7 games, which I don't doubt could happen, then they'll be done in early- to mid-June

Great to see some Scandinavian fans representing!. But yes, you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. As said, the schedule will be posted after each round is done, and can be shortened if series wrap up in 4 or 5 games, but that's not likely in the 1st or 2nd rounds. The SC final typically runs the first 2 weeks of June though.

Great to see some Scandinavian fans representing!. But yes, you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. As said, the schedule will be posted after each round is done, and can be shortened if series wrap up in 4 or 5 games, but that's not likely in the 1st or 2nd rounds. The SC final typically runs the first 2 weeks of June though.

Ok. I for some reason thought I remembered them saying before that the finals would be played on such and such a date. And I'm actually from Vancouver but have been living here since 2007. Hopefully all things will work out right and the nucks will make the finals and I will be able to make it back to Van

The don't know the dates until the other series each get played through. If they end sooner, they might be able to start the finals sooner. They can't schedule the dates until they know who's playing in the finals anyway as they have to check arena availability and all that as well.

Canucks-Bruins. Oh wait...

Canucks beat the flames and go on a run and meet AV and the presidents trophy winning rangers in finals. Dubbed the repeat of 1994. But this time, when Rick Nash guarantees that the Rangers will win game 7, he will look like an idiot and the Canucks will win.

Just kidding. They will either lose to the flames or beat the flames and will lose to the ducks in the second round and it will be dubbed a repeat of 2006/2007 since we play a emotional series in the first round and get clobbered in the second. We show a lot of heart.

Ok. I for some reason thought I remembered them saying before that the finals would be played on such and such a date. And I'm actually from Vancouver but have been living here since 2007. Hopefully all things will work out right and the nucks will make the finals and I will be able to make it back to Van

Hey, glad to see a fan all the way in Norway!

To answer your question straight up: it depends. There is never a set date for the Stanley Cup Finals every year. It all depends on how long each round is. For all we know, it could all end up in a sweep in the first round. The second and third and fourth rounds are set based on when each teach emerges victorious, whoever they may be.

In a nutshell: no one knows until it's set. What I DO know is that the SCF always ends around mid-June

And geeeezzzzz, you must have a lot of money if you're planning to travel to Vancouver to attend a SCF game here (if we m ake it that far).

Archived