The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hilary Clinton Announces Presidential Bid for 2016

DonLever

Like I said before, something's off about Hillary becoming president. Either she won't win, or she'll screw the nation/world over somehow. She's probably a great person, but something just doesn't sit right with me about this.

I certainly hope you had this same feeling for every single republican candidate the last several elections. Compared to them, Hillary is a nun.

I certainly hope you had this same feeling for every single republican candidate the last several elections. Compared to them, Hillary is a nun.

Well, yeah. First election I followed was McCain-Obama when I was 10. I wanted McCain to win (I tend to side with Republicans over Democrats, even though I really don't like either side and am somewhere in the middle), but for a guy that didn't know how many houses/cars he owned, maybe it's better he didn't. Obama didn't feel right either, and still doesn't.

In 2012, I wanted Obama to win over Romney, because if Obama didn't sit right, Romney would have been worse.

In 2016, there really isn't anyone that feels right, although I don't think Clinton is the woman for the job. But if she wins, hurrah women's rights, I guess.

To be honest, I don't think there's really been more than one or two good leaders in the world since at least the 60s, maybe even the 40s.

Well, yeah. First election I followed was McCain-Obama when I was 10. I wanted McCain to win (I tend to side with Republicans over Democrats, even though I really don't like either side and am somewhere in the middle), but for a guy that didn't know how many houses/cars he owned, maybe it's better he didn't. Obama didn't feel right either, and still doesn't.

In 2012, I wanted Obama to win over Romney, because if Obama didn't sit right, Romney would have been worse.

In 2016, there really isn't anyone that feels right, although I don't think Clinton is the woman for the job. But if she wins, hurrah women's rights, I guess.

To be honest, I don't think there's really been more than one or two good leaders in the world since at least the 60s, maybe even the 40s.

you think it would be ignorant or bad if someone voted for her because they are a woman or a feminist, correct?

do you think it would be ignorant to vote for someone else because Clinton gives a 'bad feeling' or 'bad vibes'?

what about her platform do you find so ominous?

Makes sense. Good leaders are hard to come by. The better a leader is, the harsher the opposition tends to be on them. I know what you mean about stuff not sitting right. Looking at the upcoming election for Canada, Harper and Trudeau, I don't feel right about Trudeau, but Harper has to go in my opinion. At least with Trudeau I know my feelings could always turn out to be wrong and I may be surprised. I would trust Hillary over both Trudeau and Harper, but that's just me. Way off topic now.

you think it would be ignorant or bad if someone voted for her because they are a woman or a feminist, correct?

do you think it would be ignorant to vote for someone else because Clinton gives a 'bad feeling' or 'bad vibes'?

what about her platform do you find so ominous?

Well, considering I'm not an American, I don't really care.

I think it is a bit ignorant to go just off the "bad vibes", as well as solely on the premise of feminism. Like everyone, she's got her merits and faults. She might win, and if she does, good for her.

But something doesn't sit right in my gut right now, and I don't know what that is yet. Maybe it's the fries I had for lunch, or maybe it's something about her that's subconsciously nagging at me right now, or maybe it's something different about her altogether. Since I'm not an American, all I can do is watch. And perhaps pray that the right person gets into office.

It's weird how this is about how she's a woman. Crazy that still matters in 2015, in our culture.

Grow up.

it's also crazy how the only people discussing this seem to be the ones speculating about how that's the reason why she'll get votes -- paranoid about some feminist conspiracy or PC something-or-other

i don't really remember this being much of an issue at all in 2008. maybe a few articles here and there.

A better alternative than those imbeciles the GOP is throwing up. Especially those who regularly play the Jesus card.

Should only play the Jesus card if they practice what they preach. Otherwise, the lip service is pretty much a useless ploy to get the conservative vote.

it's also crazy how the only people discussing this seem to be the ones speculating about how that's the reason why she'll get votes -- paranoid about some feminist conspiracy or PC something-or-other

i don't really remember this being much of an issue at all in 2008. maybe a few articles here and there.

I think some people are fearful about some of the european laws that have been enacted giving a huge boost of entitlement to women such as the "women quotas" in big business instilled by Merkel. Women are quickly becoming the most nurtured demographic in the western world, if they aren't already. The frustration gets taken out on the most visible target, Clinton.

I still wish Warren was running instead of Clinton.

I think some people are fearful about some of the european laws that have been enacted giving a huge boost of entitlement to women such as the "women quotas" in big business instilled by Merkel. Women are quickly becoming the most nurtured demographic in the western world, if they aren't already. The frustration gets taken out on the most visible target, Clinton.

I still wish Warren was running instead of Clinton.

Nurtured?

Should only play the Jesus card if they practice what they preach. Otherwise, the lip service is pretty much a useless ploy to get the conservative vote.

Why not, the religious group comes pre-brainwashed to vote for Jesus. They might as well just say 'A vote for me is a vote for Jesus'. So ironic that the republicans are usually associated with the most greedy, sexist, racist, gun-toting people in America. I'm sure Jesus would be proud... :rolleyes:

They shouldn't even be playing it at all because it has no place here. And it causes nothing but problems. The Founders knew this. They were far from stupid. There's a reason why Bible, Jesus, or Christianity is nowhere in the Constitution. I'll go out on a limb and say it's nowhere in the Declaration either. I'm tired of stool samples like Huckabee and Starnes telling us America "needs to be a god fearing country again. We need to get Jesus back." LOL. They were nowhere here to begin with and the country certainly wasn't built around those ideas. You're definitely correct that it is lip service. But these people aren't intelligent enough to question what they're being told repeatedly.

They shouldn't even be playing it at all because it has no place here. And it causes nothing but problems. The Founders knew this. They were far from stupid. There's a reason why Bible, Jesus, or Christianity is nowhere in the Constitution. I'll go out on a limb and say it's nowhere in the Declaration either. I'm tired of stool samples like Huckabee and Starnes telling us America "needs to be a god fearing country again. We need to get Jesus back." LOL. They were nowhere here to begin with and the country certainly wasn't built around those ideas. You're definitely correct that it is lip service. But these people aren't intelligent enough to question what they're being told repeatedly.

I think this doesn't just apply to religion, but to politics as a whole. People take what politicians say for granted or w/o thinking, and here we are now with the premise that most if not all politicians are liars. People need to start thinking more.

I'm going to go out and say that as a Christian, I think church and state should almost never be wedded.

Archived