The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hilary Clinton Announces Presidential Bid for 2016

DonLever

It's weird how this is about how she's a woman. Crazy that still matters in 2015, in our culture.

Grow up.

I take it you're not too familiar with US politics. Fear not, I'm here to fill you in.

You see, there hasn't been a female president before, so naturally Hillary running is of historical and cultural significance.

I take it you're not too familiar with US politics. Fear not, I'm here to fill you in.

You see, there hasn't been a female president before, so naturally Hillary running is of historical and cultural significance.

Yeah, point missed.

I think this doesn't just apply to religion, but to politics as a whole. People take what politicians say for granted or w/o thinking, and here we are now with the premise that most if not all politicians are liars. People need to start thinking more.

I'm going to go out and say that as a Christian, I think church and state should almost never be wedded.

True. Take everything said with salt. And I have no problem with them being Christian either, that's fine, even though I think they are total hypocrites about it, as I find many U.S. conservatives are. But as mentioned, I think it's a load of crap when they start trying to put it into politics. It causes nothing but problems. Always has, always will..

Personally I have more faith in Hilary than any Republican Candidate. She brings alot of experience to the table and was probably more involved in the decision making during Bills reign then we realize.

This whole shes a women thing is irrelevant

Republicans may have a lot of silly beliefs based on faith. However someone like Rand Paul has a much better looking foreign policy than any other candidates. As well as that he's at least one of the few to recognize the drug war is an abysmal failure and because that is light on non-violent drug crimes. Even softer than normal on the powders.

Where he does lose me again is some of his domestic policies where.. like his father, he suggest cutting funds to some important places over night.

Plus he's pro-life.. the trademark of a puritan. Eek.

As opposed to anti-life? :3

Pro-Life may sound like a nice warm lovey term. However it's the contrary to allowing a woman to have sovereignty over her own body, and the choice as to whether she's ready to be a parent or not. Because let's face it, most people become parents before they're anywhere close to ready for it. Furthermore, the less disaster families there are the less meat heads we'll have running amok in society.

Pro-Life may sound like a nice warm lovey term. However it's the contrary to allowing a woman to have sovereignty over her own body, and the choice as to whether she's ready to be a parent or not. Because let's face it, most people become parents before they're anywhere close to ready for it. Furthermore, the less disaster families there are the less meat heads we'll have running amok in society.

True. But it's still crazy to think that more babies have been aborted than people killed in the holocaust...

True. But it's still crazy to think that more babies have been aborted than people killed in the holocaust...

Over what time frame?

Let's do some stats. 7 billion humans. 3.5 billion females. Let's say roughly 40 percent are between the ages of 16-45 which are the the years a woman's body will most likely be able to conceive..

3.5B x .40 = 1.4B

1,400,000,000 female humans that have the ability to have an unwanted pregnancy. So what you're saying is, it's shocking that 6 or so million woman have aborted a child they couldn't take care of. Out of 1.4 billion I'd say that's not too many of them. Here's what makes the morning after pill less relevant though. Good information on sexual education so people can make educated decisions. As well as wide spread contraceptives and good knowledge about them rooted into the culture. Rather than just preaching ignorance and expecting Billy Joe Bob and Jane Doe to have a baby they cannot afford, or are not mature enough to parent into a respectable human being.

Do you ever stop to think? I'm genuinely curious. In this thread, you said you supported Santorum then went on to lambaste politicians paying lip service to get the Christian vote. You say,

I think this doesn't just apply to religion, but to politics as a whole. People take what politicians say for granted or w/o thinking, and here we are now with the premise that most if not all politicians are liars. People need to start thinking more.

I'm going to go out and say that as a Christian, I think church and state should almost never be wedded.

When just a month ago you said,

Honestly, since humanity is corruptible, every single form of leadership is able to be corrupted. Theocracy, which, IMHO is the best one, can be corrupted easily. Monarchy, which is another favourite of mine, can be corrupted if the monarch is a bad person or greedy or uses power to their own gain or to the detriment of someone else. The list goes on and on. As long as it's not democracy (because many people are a few fries short of a happy meal. There's multiple twitter accounts that prove this), where people are already being told lies and far-fetched promises by politicians - both Canada and the US are examples, and people get to vote for whichever one makes the sweetest offer - or communism, because they take God out of the picture, I'm fine with it as long as the person who is leading the state is uncorrupted, just, wise, and shrewd. Now, the problem with that is that there are so few people who have those characteristics today, that you may as well just leave it as it is. Too many people become corrupted by power.

So which is it? Do you support Santorum or do you not support politicians who pay lip service (Santorum being one of them)? Do you think there should be a separation of church and state or is the best form of government a theocracy?

Oh, and that holocaust quip? What does it matter beyond blowing simple minds? Why don't you think about how many babies were born to unfit mothers. I bet the number is also a lot higher than people killed in the holocaust. :picard:

Do you ever stop to think? I'm genuinely curious. In this thread, you said you supported Santorum then went on to lambaste politicians paying lip service to get the Christian vote. You say,

*quote*

*quote*

So which is it? Do you support Santorum or do you not support politicians who pay lip service (Santorum being one of them)? Do you think there should be a separation of church and state or is the best form of government a theocracy?

Oh, and that holocaust quip? What does it matter beyond blowing simple minds? Why don't you think about how many babies were born to unfit mothers. I bet the number is also a lot higher than people killed in the holocaust. :picard:

I think theocracy is, on paper, the best system. But since people are easily corrupted by power, church and state should be separate. We don't need people screwing up the church and the country at the same time, although in many cases it still manages to happen.

I will support whoever God tells me to support (do what you will with this sentence, but it doesn't mean I won't read up on the candidates. I'm also still reading up on many of them, so forgive me if I'm not the most... educated on it). And the holocaust quip was just sort of a "wow" moment for me.

1,400,000,000 female humans that have the ability to have an unwanted pregnancy. So what you're saying is, it's shocking that 6 or so million woman have aborted a child they couldn't take care of. Out of 1.4 billion I'd say that's not too many of them. Here's what makes the morning after pill less relevant though. Good information on sexual education so people can make educated decisions. As well as wide spread contraceptives and good knowledge about them rooted into the culture. Rather than just preaching ignorance and expecting Billy Joe Bob and Jane Doe to have a baby they cannot afford, or are not mature enough to parent into a respectable human being.

Since 1973, there have been over an estimated 55 million abortions in the States alone - that's more than the population of South Korea. I understand what you're saying, and I actually agree with some of it... people should have information on it, especially things like the potential psychological and physical effects of it.

While you're right that there are many not mature enough to parent a child, or who cannot afford it, I still find it a little bit sad that there's that much potential life lost.

I also would like to know this. I've seen jazz spout so many completely opposing view points in so many threads. Or he'll suddenly agree with someone that is arguing against him.

I also would like to know this. I've seen jazz spout so many completely opposing view points in so many threads. Or he'll suddenly agree with someone that is arguing against him.

What? I don't think some things are right, but that doesn't stop them from being a reality. There's stuff that works in an ideal world. Unfortunately, we aren't in an ideal world. We have to accept what's actually happening in our world around us. These things take time. For example: while I would love to see an uncorrupt theocracy some day, it would never be able to work for some time because unfortunately, power makes most if not all people corrupt. While it would be ideal to see babies stop being aborted (except in the case where it would be fatal/extremely harmful for the mother) and given to families who want and are able to care for them, it won't happen for quite a while, if it does happen at all. I could go on and on. While there's some things that I would love to see happen in my lifetime, if society were to do a 180, it would fall backwards and/or implode on itself. I have a view of how things should be, what's actually happening in reality, and a view of how to make reality at least a little bit better IMO. It probably does seem like opposing view points from your POV, and for all the confusion, I am sorry.

Archived