The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Retired numbers

Nucks89

Sedins are obvious locks. Lu is in about the same boat as Bure, really, so he's on the edge. Burrows is just the modern-day Greg Adams; great player, but not jersey retirement-worthy.

I say Sedins definitely will...sorry Chara, you'll never come here. :P Luongo has a chance but probably the ROH. I think that no one else of the current franchise will have jersey retirement or ROH...unless they become super good or cup champions.

No doubt the Sedins will have their numbers retired playing for the only franchise of their careers.

Luongo, fat chance! Had he grabbed the brass ring and won the Cup in 2011, then definitely and he'd still be playing for us for the remainder of the 12 year contract. But his Jekyll and Hyde performance was as much reason why we lost and he lost the confidence of Gillis, AV and I'm pretty sure most of the team as well as Team Canada who opted smartly for Carey Price. All this controversy and he wasn't even a couple years in his ridiculous contract. He's a Florida Panther now and will likely retire as one. Let them retire his number if they want. I respect what he's done for the Canucks as a regular season goaltender but he's RoH at best.

And the 8 goals in 7 games is a cop out excuse because it doesn't tell the whole story of his meltdowns on the road (no way the Canucks were coming back in those games against a Conn Smythe, Vezina winning goaltender) and we all saw what Carey Price did in Sochi with a team that couldn't score.

Kesler's number will be definitely be retired.

Oh please not Kesler. That permanent sour puss would suck the life out of the building.

Can't see it. Just being a high-end player shouldn't mean getting your number retired.

I guessing that first post was sarcasm? :unsure:

Archived