The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview Question: What are the Inudstry Trends?

lacrotix

I would say with the way things are going, huge emphasis on mobility. A lot of applications seems to be going mobile (smart phones, google glass, apple watch, etc). Even cars are going to roll out with Wi-Fi connectability built-in.

Smartphone sales have exceeded that of regular PC sales since 2008 I believe. Prior to that PC sales were higher. That's a small indicator of how the focus is being mobile. Of course there's always the focus on having faster, better performing technology as well, but that's a given.

Another thing is that e-commerce (more related to business but still) constantly growing. Nowadays people aren't as hesitant to order online in comparison to say, back in 2005 or what not; it's normal now and a reason why some companies opt to avoid the regular brick and mortar business.

Just my 2c based on some case research I had to do.

Furthermore on the post above mine, integration, everything is getting integrated together, watches, computers, tvs, phones, refridgerators, cars all connecting, everythings in the power of your palm.

Exactly. Just use Apple's iCloud for instance. They were the first company to release this type of technology and now, Microsoft and Samsung and all the other tech companies are following suit.

I guess it depends what aspect of technology we're talking about here. Computer systems and such are always trending towards high availability. Nobody wants to wait even more than a few seconds for a web page to load; otherwise they'll go elsewhere. Security; someone is always looking to rob you or your company. Happens every day; instructor showed us his Unix server log of strangers trying to crack into his system. Wifi; wherever you go nowadays someone is using their phone.

Exactly. Just use Apple's iCloud for instance. They were the first company to release this type of technology and now, Microsoft and Samsung and all the other tech companies are following suit.

Apple definitely wasnt the first

• 2 weeks later...

Archived