The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Question: What is the lowest we can pick in the draft?

zombieksa

The rules to draft order for playoff teams has always confused me slightly.

My rough understanding is that 30-27 are for the SC champions, their opponent and the two losing conference final losers.

After that, any division winners out in the first two rounds take the next top spots, after that it is all league point based. From my looking at the standings 23rd is the positioning spot for us, but am I right in understanding if 4 underdogs make the finals 19th is the lowest we could pick?

My understanding has us picking either 30-27th, 23-19th, but I may be incorrect about that. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong in my stats.

TY in advance.

I'm not here to be that guy, but we're 3 hours from game one of the 2015 playoffs and you're here talking about the draft.

GET HYPEEEDDDD!!!!! ;)

Oh I am, although I am unfortunately in ON and will be watching PVR :(.

I'm just asking as I can't remember. I optimistically picked Canucks for the cup in my NHL pool.

I think the President's Trophy winners pick 26th unless they make it to the conference finals.

Exactly, my point, Division leaders take 26th-23rd if any of them are out of playoffs after two rounds, I'm just trying to figure out exactly where the canucks can land, I'm hoping for 30th obviously, I just want to know for my own scouting projections.

The rules to draft order for playoff teams has always confused me slightly.

My rough understanding is that 30-27 are for the SC champions, their opponent and the two losing conference final losers.

After that, any division winners out in the first two rounds take the next top spots, after that it is all league point based. From my looking at the standings 23rd is the positioning spot for us, but am I right in understanding if 4 underdogs make the finals 19th is the lowest we could pick?

My understanding has us picking either 30-27th, 23-19th, but I may be incorrect about that. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong in my stats.

TY in advance.

Everything you said is 100% right, don't be confused by people who post random incorrect information.

Archived