The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Star Wars Episode VII: Second Trailer Released.

The crashed Star Destroyer and Ti fighters were neat. Not feeling the hype though, the nostalgia seems kind of forced.

It occurs to me that they could easily get away with a garbage plot, since people are seeing Han and Chewie back together and its like bigger then Jesus.

I have enough respect for Abrams to think he wouldn't do that. I know some people don't like his movies but they are very exciting to watch.

Disagree.

Many of the people involved in this, including JJ Abhrams, are doing so because they are fans of the series. JJ Abrhams turned down another Star Trek to do this film. Guaranteed the Star Trek guys were showing up at his door with truckloads of cash.

There is no reason to make another Star Wars other than a money grab. I'd rather they invest some time in new ideas rather than reiterate the same $&!# over and over again.

There is no reason to make another Star Wars other than a money grab. I'd rather they invest some time in new ideas rather than reiterate the same crap over and over again.

It's a HUGE franchise and the money is a big factor, but there's a big reason why it will make money and that's because people want to see more of the saga. Just be glad it's not a reboot. (Yet.)

But as for investment in new ideas, I totally agree.

The crashed Star Destroyer and Ti fighters were neat. Not feeling the hype though, the nostalgia seems kind of forced.

It occurs to me that they could easily get away with a garbage plot, since people are seeing Han and Chewie back together and its like bigger then Jesus.

It is bigger than Jesus. Next to Han Solo and Chewie, Jesus is but a footnote in history.

Archived