The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daredevil on Netflix

Ghostsof1915

The Man Without Fear is in a new series on Netflix. All I can say is wow!

They got the characters right. Nice touches with Fogwell's Gym, Josies, Turk.

I'm a little disappointed with the body count being so high. But it's a very dark, and very down to Earth.

Vincent D'Onofrio was perfect as the Kingpin. Episode 7 sort of dragged, and it didn't explain much.

As a fan of Frank Miller I never really understood why he needed to go to the Ninja angle with guys like Stick. (I have to say I feel a little sorry for Scott Glenn, he seems to be taking over for David Carradine these days, first Sucker Punch, now Daredevil)

Overall an excellent series, and good acting. Hopefully they'll green light a series 2.

Marvel is doing better at TV series with Agent Carter and now Daredevil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNK8L3ZdmE

Been meaning to create a thread but slipped my mind. Having finished all of the episodes available, I've come to the opinion that it's a really good show . I agree, Vincent D'Onofrio is a great Kingpin. He was one of the reasons I got hooked around at episode 4. Really hoping there's a season 2 as this first season seems to have given us more of a background on how the Daredevil and Kingpin developed into who they are.

Watched the first episode. Kind of goofy show, lot of plot holes. But I'm picky

Like most shows, the first episode is usually the weakest, as they have to take that time to get the introductions of the characters and the environment set. Give it until Kingpin shows up. If you don't like it then, you gave it a fair shake.

On a related note, that ending to the season was a snoozefest.

Like most shows, the first episode is usually the weakest, as they have to take that time to get the introductions of the characters and the environment set. Give it until Kingpin shows up. If you don't like it then, you gave it a fair shake.

On a related note, that ending to the season was a snoozefest.

I thought the last episode was good but not great. The suit needs work. The build up in the 2 episodes before the finale I thought were great.

Has anyone been waitching all the comic book tv shows so far? I've been watching the flash, arrow, Gotham, AoS, agent Carter.. and think the DC shows are superior at the moment. Does Constantine and daredevil change this?

Also I heard the tie in for AoS and age of ultron is not as strong as it was for CA2 so it might not really matter (but then again no one expected the size of the previous spoilers either.

Even the cast of Agents of Shield usually dont have any idea of whats going on with each episode until a day or 2 before(literally just watched an interview haha) So its hard to say what will happen with Avengers.. As for the other shows you listed.. I watch them all.

My rankings of them are

Arrow(read people liking the flash more.. not me.. I like the more seriousness of it.. And damn Wednesdays episode was good)

Agents of Shield

The Flash

Agent Carter

Gotham(still have not watched Mondays episode.. I just find it hard to want to sit down and watch it.. Its good.. but for some reason I just cant make the time for it like I do all the other shows)

Honestly the only thing that would save Gotham is bring the Reaper character into it. The cast is trying, but the scripts just don't do it. I also don't like the idea that the girl who is to be Catwoman is older than Bruce. Honestly it was a flawed concept from the beginning.

Archived