The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jarret Stoll Arrested for Cocaine and MDMA Possession

Pears

As are you.

Honestly....if you've ever been involved with someone addicted to cocaine, you'll know that it is a big deal. I worked in addictions for 10 years and moderation only works for some....the experience I've had is that there is no moderation for people who have access to it and you go for days and burn through every penny you have until you're dry. And then some.

I have firsthand experience that says you're wrong...so, so wrong.

It is a big deal.

Thought you were talking about alcohol or cigarettes for a moment there.

You have to know this is not Stoll's first time using and one can only imagine his partner uses as well.

I would be willing to bet doing drugs in pro-hockey is more prevalent then what has been made public. The NHL and the Players Association are not leaders when it comes to dealing with illegal drugs in their sport.

^ Come on now, Deb - not everyone who uses cocaine is an addict who is destined to destroy their life. Far from it, actually, when your business is pro sports.

It's quite a popular drug in hockey. See: 80's Edmonton Oilers.

I didn't say they were?

But to say cocaine isn't a big deal....just as not everyone is an addict, not everyone can use it casually or socially. For some they'll use it until their noses bleed and their heart flutters. Ain't no fun in that.

I don't want the message being sent to young people who may visit here to be one that makes it acceptable or ok. "Ain't no big deal". It can develop into one, fairly quickly.

Jarrett Stoll...a history of head injuries...a history of seizures...a history of alleged past drug use...and now an arrest for cocaine possession to corroborate his history of cocaine use. No doubt his need for a high is far greater than protecting and preserving whatever functional brain cells he's got left.

If he ain't special needs yet, he'll soon be. And he'll probably end up attaching his name to the Class Action Law Suit vs. the NHL to try to collect some cash for brain defects that he's caused.

Stoll's a beauty.

As are you.

Honestly....if you've ever been involved with someone addicted to cocaine, you'll know that it is a big deal. I worked in addictions for 10 years and moderation only works for some....the experience I've had is that there is no moderation for people who have access to it and you go for days and burn through every penny you have until you're dry. And then some.

It is a big deal.

I agree that it's a huge deal for people with addictive personalities. I know far more people who use it in moderation and has no impact on their lives. I've never used it, but I don't judge others who do.

The bigger issue is the legal ramifications and optics of the NHL. and Kings organization.

Sad story actually.... and maybe explains what is going on with the LA team.

Too busy snuffling down the white stuff during the regular season to bother showing up for the games.

Think they can turn it on for the playoffs... again, typical addict thinking.

Cocaine use is symptomatic of a personality flaw... players are self-medicating to compensate for some other issue.

I agree that it's a huge deal for people with addictive personalities. I know far more people who use it in moderation and has no impact on their lives. I've never used it, but I don't judge others who do.

Use in moderation... have heard that one before.

Reminds me of the Lawyer who I spotted down on Hastings buying it out of the window of their Mercedes, he saw me and later asked me not to mention it... '... just recreational'.

Two years later he was fired from his firm.

Sad story actually.... and maybe explains what is going on with the LA team.

Too busy snuffling down the white stuff during the regular season to bother showing up for the games.

Think they can turn it on for the playoffs... again, typical addict thinking.

Cocaine use is symptomatic of a personality flaw... players are self-medicating to compensate for some other issue.

Imagine you had to see doughtys face daily... Wouldn't u turn to drug us? ;)

Yeeeeeaaahaawwwww! Glad to see the Queen's crippling to pieces =)

As are you.

It is a big deal.

I think that maybe you took a bit different context than others were meaning in their posts. Cocaine addiction is serious and I doubt anyone was ever trying to refute that. What I think people were trying to say is we shouldnt look down on him or blow it out of proportion that the guy got caught with some coke and MDMA. The fact that he got caught with the MDMA too indicates he was probably just out partying in Vegas, which honestly, isn't a big deal.

I dont think either Canada or America should be wasting their tax dollars or time on crimes like this either.

This was not posted by someone on my friends list dude but actually from the main article for this story posted on sportsnet facebook page after it happened. The top comment on that article was of someone saying "well the Kings are the top possesion teams in the league" so I'm pretty sure this was not thought of by the poster above.

Good job detective you caught him, here's a gold star

lol, did you see Richardson at Coachella?

This year? Oh God... I hope they didn't go together this year. Not a chance... Canucks were battling. Or did he?

I know they're really good friends though.

What bothers me is that stoll and richy are best friends... Hopefully richy doesn't get involved in any of this as long as he's on our team.

Each and every team has there share of partiers, most of it just goes undocumented, rest assured, the Canucks, like 29 other NHL teams have their share of partiers who go beyond just the alcohol.

Archived