The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jarret Stoll Arrested for Cocaine and MDMA Possession

Pears

And the perscription drug addicts who schmooze their doctors into giving them morphine for a sore back which a lot of people have and dont whine about (heroin) walk free.

Cocain is no different than buying a 26 of whiskey besides the fact its illegal. No i dont do it but its no different than a hard alcohol.

really. Coke isn't more addictive?

Unlikely, the Kings are well known and it's been well documented their drug problems, spousal abuse and potential terror links.

Lol. You live under a rock. Every team in the league has multiple players that party as hard or harder than Jarret Stoll. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I think that maybe you took a bit different context than others were meaning in their posts. Cocaine addiction is serious and I doubt anyone was ever trying to refute that. What I think people were trying to say is we shouldnt look down on him or blow it out of proportion that the guy got caught with some coke and MDMA. The fact that he got caught with the MDMA too indicates he was probably just out partying in Vegas, which honestly, isn't a big deal.

I dont think either Canada or America should be wasting their tax dollars or time on crimes like this either.

Sorry, Partying with drugs is a big deal. It's one thing to smoke a joint which is not a big deal in my opinion vs someone Strolling around with coke and ectasy in your back pocket. Partying and having a fun time sounds all good and dandy, but until you've seen someone on the tail end of years of narcotics abuse you don't have a real idea of the devastation drugs cause. I've seen it and it ain't pretty. Some people need intervention and that usually involves law enforcement and then the courts(who have the capability to force treatment onto an addict).

Perfect example is Robert Downey Jr. He was given multiple chances at drug treatment after multiple arrest and violations of probation at the county level. Getting sent to state prison finally scared him straight.

Every team in the NHL has their share of hardcore partiers. Drug use is more rampant in the NHL than you may think, Canucks included.

Yeah I understand these problems are prevalent with some other teams as well, like the Rangers, Chicago and Minnesota but not the Canucks. I'm not buying your lies.

What is MDMA?

thanks

Clinical initials for Ecstasy..or Molly...used to be called MDA in the 60s and 70s....

just saw this.....

More From TMZ Sports:

As far as how many Kings were part of the festivities — sources tell us there were more than a dozen people from the organization on hand … many of whom continued to party in Vegas throughout the weekend even AFTER Stoll was arrested.

We know Drew Doughty and Martin Jones were part of the Vegas crew

It does not appear that either man will be charged in the incident, but one has to wonder if Stoll was acting alone.

Drugs have nothing to do with it. Any form of abuse is dangerous. Look up the word. The anti drug side always turns it into a worst case scenario. Lets make marriage illegal because spousal abuse is dangerous. How about we fight abuse itself and not just pick and choose battles one side knows it can win.

No good has come from this. Even if Stoll gets convicted. What justice is actually being served?

Im not advocating drug use. Im advocating the freedom of choice.

Drugs have nothing to do with it. Any form of abuse is dangerous. Look up the word. The anti drug side always turns it into a worst case scenario. Lets make marriage illegal because spousal abuse is dangerous. How about we fight abuse itself and not just pick and choose battles one side knows it can win.

No good has come from this. Even if Stoll gets convicted. What justice is actually being served?

Im not advocating drug use. Im advocating the freedom of choice.

:blink:

Did he hurt anybody? No. Who the frack cares then. Cocaine in my opinion is less dangerous than alcohol can be. So why is what Mr. Stoll did such a "nono?"

Cocaine causes a short-lived, intense high that is immediately followed by the opposite—intense depression, edginess and a craving for more of the drug. People who use it often don’t eat or sleep properly. They can experience greatly increased heart rate, muscle spasms and convulsions. The drug can make people feel paranoid,1 angry, hostile and anxious—even when they aren’t high.

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/cocaine/effects-of-cocaine.html

Go on

Cocaine causes a short-lived, intense high that is immediately followed by the opposite—intense depression, edginess and a craving for more of the drug. People who use it often don’t eat or sleep properly. They can experience greatly increased heart rate, muscle spasms and convulsions. The drug can make people feel paranoid,1 angry, hostile and anxious—even when they aren’t high.

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/cocaine/effects-of-cocaine.html

Go on

Drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and see how you act. It's close to the same. Yet it's legal. I think all drugs should be legal. I don't think anyone has a right to decide what someone can consume into their own body as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

Drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and see how you act. It's close to the same. Yet it's legal. I think all drugs should be legal. I don't think anyone has a right to decide what someone can consume into their own body as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

You become an addict and it ruins your life. It's against the law so we don't have a society of shaky crack heads running around everywhere. And if you start feeling "paranoid, anxious, hostile, and angry" when you're driving and not high, you will hurt people.

You become an addict and it ruins your life. It's against the law so we don't have a society of shaky crack heads running around everywhere. And if you start feeling "paranoid, anxious, hostile, and angry" when you're driving and not high, you will hurt people.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Decriminalizing drugs sends more of a message that they're (the drugs) "ok"...they're not. I don't believe it says "society cares for you"...I think social programs, intervention and educating those involved with the drug addict do that. Having available resources, not making drug use easier and more convenient for them.

Just my opinion....I think the dealers will still do their thing and greed factors in. People get desperate and if they can't readily get the drugs, they're going to turn to those who have them.

Decriminalization is not the same as legalization. Decriminilazation does not necessarily make things more convenient, but it does prevent people from being punished for having an illness. Punishing addicts does no good to anyone, it puts strain on their families, if they go to prison that certainly doesn't help, they can't get a job, etc. I support all well-thought out efforts to put an emphasis on care rather than punishment for addicts.

Portugal decriminalized all drugs a while ago and has seen large drops in drug abuse. Yet most countries still care more about clinging to their outdated ideology rather than actually preventing drug abuse.

Archived