The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hartley fined 50,000 by NHL. Engeland suspension rescinded

Watermelon

Never said I was neutral. Yeah, I'm a flames fan. I'm a fan of all the Canadian hockey teams, even the Canucks and Oilers to some degree.

And I never once said that the Flames were innocent victims here. Their coach got fined. They took liberties against your players.

But so did/do the Canucks. Again, they are far from innocent. Diving? Yup, Burrows almost seems more like a Ballet dancer then a hockey player. Someone mentioned Bollig steamrolling Lack? I watched the game, he was after the puck, not the goaltender. And two other people landed on top of him after he fell down onto Lack. I watched, what, 3 different sucker punches against him while he's down and clearly trying to stand back up? Someone else mentioned Burrows getting slashed? So has Monahan, JH, Brodie.

Teams get dirty, yours is no exception.

So what exactly is your purpose here? To chastise Canucks fans for being Canucks fans?

The league said your coach was out of line to the tune of $50,000. Don't come whining to us about it, if the shoe fits...

Edit: Bolig as a victim in that situation is the lamest thing I've heard in a long time.

My god. After watching the replays, and reading through both your forums and the flames forums, I have to say that both sides are at fault for this incident. Yes, Hartley shouldn't have done what he done and his fine is justifiable.

But you people need to get off of your high horses. There's a reason(several actually) why Vancouver is one of the least liked and least respected teams in the league. I don't need to get into specifics here, as I'm sure that the reasons of the aforementioned has been brought up many times before on not only these forums but others as well.

But the Canucks are far from innocent. That picture above is disgusting. It takes two 'grown men' to beat on one guy? Then to throw in another sucker punch when the refs FINALLY decide to break it off?

And just an FYI; Stajan is far from goon material, and he got the worse of that particular fight. He was clearly overmatched. That Engelland (spelled right, I hope) does not deserve a suspension, regardless of how many people here believe otherwise, and general consensus on many other forums agree with this.

Pathetic.

In the old days, it might have been easy to agree with you? Vancouver HAD a reputation for a reason.

Burrows would run a goalie or come into every hit with his elbows high. A Bollig would (justifiably) come have a chat. Burrows would turtle and draw a PP. The Sedins and Ehhoff would score. Then Kesler skate by another teams bench and explain to the other team how they should groom their bits better and they would have less trouble with their ladies.

I actually like having guys like a Bollig or Engelland on my team. In todays world, replace Burrows with Kenins. If Kenins was boarding guys, throwing cheap elbows and abusing the stars > By all means send out Engelland if the ref's don't take care of it

But first, those days with Burrows are gone.

Second; its Ferland boarding guys, and Bollig running the net. Then sending Engelland over so our guys do not retaliate. Its not the same.

Its Calgary playing intimidation and dirty pool. And they look like they will be good soon. It will be them who has the old Nucks reputation soon enough.

Calgary just got their ass whooped last night! :towel:

Calgary just got their ass whooped last night! :towel:

That's the take-away, alright. They were totally out-played, didn't get anywhere when they tried to goon it up, and now their coach is on notice about those tactics. Of course there's no guarantee that this message from the league will carry over into subsequent games, but for now, we've got them where we want them: having to try to play hockey against us.

I sort of want to see Torts behind Hartley's bench at our next home game. Just put him in the first row behind the opposing bench and let him heckle Hartley the entire time. I'd pay good money to see that.

He's still on the Nucks payroll so why not. JB...make the call.

Ah,sweet justice! That clown Hartley got what was coming to him with that fine. I'm also glad that Engelland will still be playing, so Henrik can continue to embarrass him like he did on the first goal.

But this being the Flames, I don't expect their underhanded tactics to stop,despite the league discipline. I would feel better if they called up some toughness from Utica just in case,if Kassian is not ready to go. Keep said player in the pressbox for game 3,and if worst comes to worst, dress him for game 4 to neutralize Calgary's thuggery and protect our players.

Never said I was neutral. Yeah, I'm a flames fan. I'm a fan of all the Canadian hockey teams, even the Canucks and Oilers to some degree.

And I never once said that the Flames were innocent victims here. Their coach got fined. They took liberties against your players.

But so did/do the Canucks. Again, they are far from innocent. Diving? Yup, Burrows almost seems more like a Ballet dancer then a hockey player. Someone mentioned Bollig steamrolling Lack? I watched the game, he was after the puck, not the goaltender. And two other people landed on top of him after he fell down onto Lack. I watched, what, 3 different sucker punches against him while he's down and clearly trying to stand back up? Someone else mentioned Burrows getting slashed? So has Monahan, JH, Brodie.

Teams get dirty, yours is no exception.

You're lost son. I will help steer you home.

Davis18912, on 18 Apr 2015 - 3:40 PM, said:snapback.png

My god. After watching the replays, and reading through both your forums and the flames forums, I have to say that both sides are at fault for this incident. Yes, Hartley shouldn't have done what he done and his fine is justifiable.
But you people need to get off of your high horses. There's a reason(several actually) why Vancouver is one of the least liked and least respected teams in the league. I don't need to get into specifics here, as I'm sure that the reasons of the aforementioned has been brought up many times before on not only these forums but others as well.
But the Canucks are far from innocent. That picture above is disgusting. It takes two 'grown men' to beat on one guy? Then to throw in another sucker punch when the refs FINALLY decide to break it off?
And just an FYI; Stajan is far from goon material, and he got the worse of that particular fight. He was clearly overmatched. That Engelland (spelled right, I hope) does not deserve a suspension, regardless of how many people here believe otherwise, and general consensus on many other forums agree with this.
Pathetic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe you watched everything, the Canucks did NOTHING to start this. They are not known for being goons as , no disrespect to you, your team is.

It was upsetting enough to watch the idiot Ferland keep trying to hurt/irritate our players. A non talented thug kid participating at a game with elite talented players. His participation belongs at an elementary school yard as a stupid bully.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

This doesn't make me happy 1 bit. Hartley will probably get some form of reimbursement from the ownership group to keep their head coach happy.

England should be suspended.

Oh no apollo, Engelland SHOULDN'T be suspended. Its much better for us if he's on the ice continuing to be served by the Sedins and everyone else.

Pathetic.

2/10 try again troll.

I had a ball reading flames forums after the game. Slept like a baby after.

Great win, typical Bob Hartley $&!#. Didn't have a problem with Engelland, didn't even have a problem with Ferland. Good physical playoff hockey until Hartley went full retard.

Russell knew exactly what he was doing when he cross checked Bonino though, that I don't like. He'll get his though, Bieksa has a long memory.

Honestly, Flames are lucky to have the split. They know it, their fans know it. As long as the Canucks keep going to the net with purpose they should win easy.

Pathetic.

Where do you live? If you live in Vancouver or the general area I challenge you to a fight. I'm not kidding, you might even be way bigger than me but that's fine if I lose I lose but let's do it anyway. PM me? If you live too far away obviously it's too much work but yeah.

Good, love that it falls on the mastermind (the mind part I use loosely) of the gong show.

Although, I'd honestly like an explanation on how/why they've rescinded? On what grounds?

On the grounds of, Dorsett's punch to this chumps face is more then enough for me.....

Oh no apollo, Engelland SHOULDN'T be suspended. Its much better for us if he's on the ice continuing to be served by the Sedins and everyone else.

Hmmm actually that's true.

I have decided to rescind my comments. You're right, we're better off with him ON the ice =)

I really think Russel should have got at least 1 game though for the attempt to snap Bonino's neck off.

Archived