The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Leon Draisaitl

I think RNH will be moved to wing.

Really? Has he played there before? Don't know much about him.

I highly doubt Roy is in Edmonton's long term plans....

If they intend on keeping Yak I'm sure he'll be there for a year or two more at the least. Those two were money down the final stretch of the season.

But say he isn't, you still have a top six talent in Draisaitl playing in the bottom six. They won't be able to justify that for long. They'd be better off dealing him now and shoring up their D/toughness so they can actually make some strides as a team next year.

Guest Dasein

Blue chip defencemanprospect or a current 2nd pairing defenceman + a lower round pick

I would say the latter because Edmonton needs help now, not another prospect to develop/ruin

I'd try to sell some vets with reasonable value to get him. The Oil aren't going to win with just kids, they also need older guys who can drive play and play solid defensively. That said, we don't want to feed them either.

I REALLY hope they don't sell R.N.H. just because they have Connor. Sure, he's probably good enough to carry his franchise from the outset of his career, but even John Tavares had Doug Weight to mentor him, as did Stamkos with Lecavalier. It's always easier to have the rookie ease into the roster with support from veterans taking the tougher match-ups, and though R.N.H. isn't much older it'd still be good to have another #1 pick around to help with the adjustments.

i would try to get RNH but i totally doubt they move him

I would go Lack, Jensen/shinkaruk/corrado, 2015 1st - they can draft a d man

That's too much IMO. I'd do lack/maelstrom, Jensen, vey and corrado. Keep the 1st and shinkaruk

Archived