The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Leon Draisaitl

Edmonton needs D who can play now and they have the assets to get that if they have the will.

Canucks have a goalie they would like but not the D. Sorry, Sbisa is the right age but not the player.

They want a guy like Tyler Myers or Seth Jones. I could really see RNH for Jones. Or Draisaitl + . It's a win-win because Nashville needs a centre.

Nashville has the opposite problem, too much D and not enough forwards.

IMO if they dont trade Leon they wil have the same Jordan Stall problem Pits had,

I would try a trade like Sbisa, Gaunce, Kassian and a 3rd for Draisaitl.

EDM gets a bigger strong young Dman they are missing from there line up that is also under a decent contract for a few more years, a rough PWF that they need in there top 6 to play with all there small skilled guys and they get a Center prospect better suited for a 3rd line role than Draisaitl.

Canucks shed about 5 mil in cap space, will getting our Future #1 center to replace Henrik. Having Draisaitl, Horvat and McCann as the franchise future 3 forwards is the perfect mix of Size, Speed and Skill that a team needs.

Lines Next year

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Bonino Vrbata

Higgins Draisaitl Virtanen

Kennins Horvat Dorsett

Hansen

To me it looks nice seeing more young skiled players finally taking over our line up, as we have been an Aging team for the last 10 yrs

Edmonton needs D who can play now and they have the assets to get that if they have the will.

Canucks have a goalie they would like but not the D. Sorry, Sbisa is the right age but not the player.

They want a guy like Tyler Myers or Seth Jones. I could really see RNH for Jones. Or Draisaitl + . It's a win-win because Nashville needs a centre.

Nashville has the opposite problem, too much D and not enough forwards.

Jones is the eventual replacement for Weber. He's the perfect age for it. They won't move him.

IMO if they dont trade Leon they wil have the same Jordan Stall problem Pits had,

I would try a trade like Sbisa, Gaunce, Kassian and a 3rd for Draisaitl.

EDM gets a bigger strong young Dman they are missing from there line up that is also under a decent contract for a few more years, a rough PWF that they need in there top 6 to play with all there small skilled guys and they get a Center prospect better suited for a 3rd line role than Draisaitl.

Canucks shed about 5 mil in cap space, will getting our Future #1 center to replace Henrik. Having Draisaitl, Horvat and McCann as the franchise future 3 forwards is the perfect mix of Size, Speed and Skill that a team needs.

Lines Next year

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Bonino Vrbata

Higgins Draisaitl Virtanen

Kennins Horvat Dorsett

Hansen

To me it looks nice seeing more young skiled players finally taking over our line up, as we have been an Aging team for the last 10 yrs

I was thinking the same thing. The nice thing about leon is his size up the middle but he isnt suited for 3rd line centre role. They could make it work sure with rolling 4 lines type of NHL we have now but if they could move him for a big checking centre and add some defensive help or goaltending they would be better off.

Alhough Nuge and Mcdavid is a lot of skill in the middle its lacking strength and edge.

Gaunce would be ideal and he is already well developed physically and mentally. Plus with having Mccann and Cassels we could afford the swap.

Id think they would probably want Tanev with Gaunce, sbisa would be another good fit as he is still younger, affordable and they need the physicality on the back end.

Gaunce, Sbisa, Markstrom

For

Draisatl

Then sign O'connor if possible.

Another potential move would be Demko and Gaunce for Drats.

It would also be interesting to see if Miller would consider it. He would solidify their goaltending position for next 2 years while they have young guns on ELC's. Sell him on the fact he will be backup here, edmonton would have a chance at playoffs with him and a good coach, and its still close to west coast.

Miller corrado and Gaunce for Drats and edm 2nd?

Archived