The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) EDM-ARI

Well with Mcdavid going to EDM, I believe that makes RNH expendable. Arizona currently doesn't have a no.1 centre. They can either trade OEL and select Hanifin or just trade the 3rd pick to get their centre. I think both teams would be good trade partners.

To EDM:
OEL

To ARI:
RNH

OR

To EDM:
3rd overall (Hanifin)

To ARI:
2015 pitt 1st round
2016 1st round

Yotes would never ever trade OEL. He's their only chance to get the yotes to even contend next year for a playoff spot and I'm sure that wont be enough

Playoffs won't be in Arizona's plans next year, they will be fully invested in the Auston Matthews sweepstakes.

Edmonton needs D but there is no way they're giving up McDavid.

Logic dictates that they would trade another one of their top picks from the last few years for a top D and/or a goaltender. They have the cards.

Imagine Draisaitl on the 3rd line.

Who's talking about trading mcdavid? The thread is about acquiring the 3rd pick from Arizona or OEL

misunderstood you

Doubt Ariz would part with OEL, but would they give up the 3rd when the BPA would be a defenseman (Hanefin) and they already have a #1D? Maybe.

I'm not sure that I would agree with your proposal since there is some uncertainty. A known quantity like one of Edmonton's high picks from the last few years would be more attractive to Ari but Edm probably wants a more ready to play D man in return than a draft pick (since D take longer to develop) so there may not be a match for a trade here.

This is obviously why you suggest OEL but they love him. I think it's a non starter.

I could see the first one happening.

Edmonton's weak on the left side of defense and O.E.L. can strengthen that easily, while they'll be fine up front with Connor and Leon. Arizona still gets Hanifin to grow with their kids, and R.N.H. can probably play with either Duclair or Domi. That could easily be a win-win deal should everything pan out.

If you were Edmonton and you got offered OEL and 3rd overall pick (likely Hanifin), would you take it?

It would be really hard to turn down! As much as McDavid looks to be the next Crosby; OEL and Hanifin absolutely stack Edmonton's young roster in a way far more challenging for future cup titles. It gives them elite young defenseman (OEL, Hanifin, Nurse) along with elite young forwards (RNH, Draisitl, Eberle, Hall, Yakupov). All the team needs going forward for the future is a top young goalie, and good veteran depth players.

If you were Edmonton and you got offered OEL and 3rd overall pick (likely Hanifin), would you take it?

It would be really hard to turn down! As much as McDavid looks to be the next Crosby; OEL and Hanifin absolutely stack Edmonton's young roster in a way far more challenging for future cup titles. It gives them elite young defenseman (OEL, Hanifin, Nurse) along with elite young forwards (RNH, Draisitl, Eberle, Hall, Yakupov). All the team needs going forward for the future is a top young goalie, and good veteran depth players.

Absolutely. That would give the oilers their d core ( OEL, Nurse, Hanifin) and their offense is already set. They'd just need a goalie and some depth

^^

Like said I think EDM should push to get that done

maybe

Mcdavid +Pitt 1st

for

Oel and 3OA (hanafin)

With the addition of a goalie Edmonton could actually end up looking pretty scary in a few years.

PHX would be hesitant to give up OEL hence the PITT 1st

^^

Like said I think EDM should push to get that done

maybe

Mcdavid +Pitt 1st

for

Oel and 3OA (hanafin)

With the addition of a goalie Edmonton could actually end up looking pretty scary in a few years.

PHX would be hesitant to give up OEL hence the PITT 1st

Lol Edmonton isn't trading the 1st. And you think Coyotes would be hesitant to trade OEL for mcdavid so the oilers should throw in a 1st? HAHAHA, dude you're worse than MacT.

Edmonton won't even do OEL straight up for mcdavid. Gretzky said mcdavid is as good of a prospect as Lemieux and Crosby were. Would you have traded either one of those guys for a package? Don't think so! You don't just trade generational talents away.

Oilers have so many other forwards they can trade before they even think of trading mcdavid.

Bure.10 you were missing the 3rd overall pick as part of that trade. So it was McDavid for OEL and Hannifan. But I agree that they would not need to add Pittsburghs first rounder.
I wonder how far Arizona might be willing to go for McDavid? OEL, Hannifan and Domi? Probably not, but I bet the offers for McDavid get CRAZY

Archived