The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ottawa Senators fan harassed at Habs game

I never felt bad when Price got injured last year. Will never stop continuing to hope this team losses.

Montreal is an overrated arrogant smelly eurotrash city and their fans in Quebec and abroad are no different.

Not surprised at all. All the original 6 teams have db fans. Since the majority of the time they won there was no cap and league wide competitiveness as there is now.

Most fan bases that win and are used to being spoiled are classless especially when living in the past.

Lol, Canucks fans talking bad about other fans having no class :lol:

But seriously, this stuff happens. Emotions run high in sports. Especially during the playoffs. No excuse for these guys being jerks but this is nothing new.

Really is true fake Canucks fans everywhere. Fans that like the Habs and support them when they play in Vancouver but pretend to be a Canucks fan second I can't stand and have no time or respect for. Like I said I have dealt with a handful of Hab idiots here and in Quebec so that franchise is the Dallas Cowboys/ Yankees of the NHL and everybody outside of Quebec should hate them and their arrogant coach and fan base with a passion.

As was said, it happens in every arena at one time or another. When I was living in Vancouver, I have been to Canucks game while wearing my Flames jersey and been threatened and taunted and things thrown at me, where as other times, Canucks fans have been great to me, shaking hands after the game. I've seen opposing fans in Calgary get beaten up too. In the arena, no fans are anymore classless than any others.

Has everyone forgotten that Vancouver rioted twice? Do people think things like this don't happen here?

Here's a reminder for all of you with such selective memories. An article about a bruins fan getting beaten up here.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2011/06/16/bruins_fan_spat_on_and_beaten_up_during_canucks_game.html

Yep. The sad truth is, dickwads are a part of every sports franchise fanbase on the planet.

These actions are criminal as well as disgusting.

Bad manners leads to taunting leads to physical abuse.

Everyone who witnesses these actions should try to record them and submit their testimony to the courts.

The victims should be encouraged to file charges.

Fans should use good manners and good sportsmanship when cheering for their team and against the opposition.

e.g. I was once surrounded by dozens of Winnipeg fans at a Grey Cup game; it was a bit worrying at first but then I had to give them credit for their good humour, good chants, and general (even though a bit tipsy) good fun.

That picture of that poor Flames fan is absolutely disgusting, especially those fans standing around looking like they had done something worthwhile when they should have been turning in the perpetrators and assisting the poor guy.

Archived