The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

I'd be interested to read it, but I don't want you to waste your time with it.

Wouldn't really change my mind though.

I don't blame Lack at all but I think we need some sort of a change to get the boys going. Slotting in Kass would help a lot but who knows wtf is going on with him.

I don't blame Lack at all but I think we need some sort of a change to get the boys going. Slotting in Kass would help a lot but who knows wtf is going on with him.

I believe Patterson said he isn't close after game 2.

Not skating IIRC, but around the team

If we want a real change, I'm open to calling up Baertschi because their speed is, for lack of a better term, raping us. Also, common sense indicates Bieksa is no longer able to handle the NHL and Corrado should be playing here.

We can't handle their speed. Our management and coaches indicated that the way we can beat this is by being a puck possession team, but we can't get the puck out, and we're scared once we do get it.

Need more energy.

I don't believe Miller is the answer for what OP is suggesting

This is NOT Miller time. Stop trolling.

Without Eddie lack in this game, this had Luongo-Boston written all over.

You cannot stop shots you have no vision of, and I don't think there is a single goalie who would have stopped that perfect 5-3 setup goal.

How about you stop trolling and not skip the part where I said I put no blame on Lack.

lol.

are you talking about the one where he made the two initial stops, and then hamhuis couldn't control backlund in the crease?

Bwye4tk.png

he has to at least cover the bottom of the net during scrambles like that...

there was no reason for him to be down outside his crease, and actually he is out of position like this quite often during hectic plays

Don't know how anyone can suggest playing miller. First of all the players Infront of him are the ones to blame. He didn't stand a chance tonight and no one is gonna make those saves like the one timer in the slot on the 5 on 3 or the slap from blue line when he was screened by 3 guys

I'm not suggesting it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it.

Nope, put Lack, he always has a great bounce back game after an average one.

Quite amazing game if this is "average". He pretty much stopped every shots he saw, and kept us in the game without letting the game blow up a la Luongo (even with the amount of energy and momentum the Flames had).

Honestly, our D needs some kind of anger injection. Teams have far too much liberty with our goalies, whereas Vancouver seems to be completely controlled on the outerskirts at their end. The Matthias one was a rarity, and look how that resulted.

I disagree. Our team needs to play big here as well. They look like a bunch of scared kids out there, running from hits.

Bingo!

No one should be pinning this loss on Lack.

Calgary outhit the Canucks by a 2 to 1 margin. When the game was on the line the Canucks wanted no part of it, even coughing up the puck rather than take a hit. It was brutal to watch.

I sure hope Benning is taking note over in Switzerland because it has been painfully obvious for a few years now that this soft team is not built for the playoffs.

Bingo!

No one should be pinning this loss on Lack.

Calgary outhit the Canucks by a 2 to 1 margin. When the game was on the line the Canucks wanted no part of it, even coughing up the puck rather than take a hit. It was brutal to watch.

I sure hope Benning is taking note over in Switzerland because it has been painfully obvious for a few years now that this soft team is not built for the playoffs.

Who's doing that?

Real big risk putting Miller in now. Hopefully the Canucks can get it together because Miller looked really bad against the Oil

Not according to Willie...and he's the coach so he knows a thing or two....

That said - I'm have mixed feelings about it....

Miller is our number 1 but I don't think he's 100% - and if he plays and we lose - things will go from bad to worse...

If Lack is in and we lose again - then it's the old "we should have played Miller"...

Bottom line is, we have to win 3 of the next 4 games.

Quite a funny thread considering everyone defending Lack, stating it all was the team's fault, the same writers stated Miller was crap in exactly the same kind of games during the season. (A season which saw more wins with Miller (%) in net than Lack.) My point? It's still the Miller haters who wants Lack in goal, and it's the Canuck lovers who suggests a change. (Not putting any weight in exactly who's in goal.)

I think Lack did good. But not great, and not better than Hiller. (Hiller's been better in two out of three games!)

However, we do need a change, and Miller might be it! But I'm fine with Lack as well, he does come back pretty good!

But the biggest change we need is to be there right from the start, so please wake em up 20 min before the game starts tomorrow, right!?

Let's go win two straight now :towel:

Archived