The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller time

canuckster19

Where were you in 2011?

It's weird...you always try to make everything about Luongo.

Face the music, pal. Luongo's gone. Finito. History. Never to return.

You should just get over it and move on, quit trying to project your Lu-related angst onto everyone else.

It's beyond old.

It's weird...you always try to make everything about Luongo.

Face the music, pal. Luongo's gone. Finito. History. Never to return.

You should just get over it and move on, quit trying to project your Lu-related angst onto everyone else.

It's beyond old.

Old...but true. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

I have moved on - but some of those here keep repeating it...

Um... here folks lets get some input from a Goaltender and Goaltender coach.

Miller, don't get me wrong is a great goaltender and if Lack had been playing poorly, would definitely put in at a big risk however, due to him being cold, not having game time and coming off a severe knee injury.

Now, Lack has been playing very well, sure his rebounds in his crease are a little scary sometimes, however goals aren't being scored on those. It's the traffic, which is up to the D. Lack has the hot hand, is seeing the puck well and his lateral movement is phenomenal.

The risks of putting Miller in now are too high, and putting him in ice cold, is a big deterrent. If you want to bring up the, well Lack needs rest argument. Unless you're playing back to backs, a goalie is generally better the more he plays, nothing quite brings out your A-game then playing lots of games. You get used to the flow of the game which can not be re-created in practice, no matter how hard you try.

It's Lack time right now, If Miller had had at least three starts before the play-offs it would be different.

Honestly don't mind seeing either in net next game but Lack is the superior option. D need to step up, and clear the net. Recommend putting in someone bigger than Weber, his hot hand has cooled.

Why should it be Miller time? It's not like we lost 8-1 or anything. We lost the game 4-2 with almost the whole team playing like crap and yet were still within striking distance for most of the game. Lack shouldn't be the roster change that "shakes this team up". He's had 1 good game, 1 great game, and 1 ordinary game. The guy deserves another chance, maybe change one of the many ineffective forwards or defencemen as a wake up call.

Listen, I'm not putting any blame at all on Lack here, but Desjardins has to be tactical now.

If Lack starts game 4 and we get blown out again, I don't think we can recover and this probably ends in 5.

However if Miller starts, if we lose, no matter how we lose, close or blowout, we can go back to a rested Lack for game 5 which I think would end up being his best game of the series.

Then it's just a matter of showing up for game 6, and then taking it all game 7.

That has about the weakest logic I have read on here for awhile.

Take off the one player who has shown major league ability. Methinks you should be looking at the

supporting caste. Vancouver skaters were simply out worked and out hit. It is no mystery why they lost.

If Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden had played for us in their prime, I guarantee that there would be people on this board calling for them to be traded and to put someone else in net!

No, I am not comparing Lack to Roy or Dryden, just making a point that it really doesn't matter. There are people on this board who are not happy unless the goalie is turning in stats of 0.025 and .995 save percentage. Its just the way it is.

There's nothing wrong with how Lack played last night or with how he has played for the last couple of months. Yes he has had an off game here and there, but that wasn't the case last night.

Calgary is crashing our crease and getting lots of traffic and our defense is not able to stop that. Our only option at the moment is to fight harder and try and bring our forwards back more to help out and try and box them out and force them to shoot more from low percentage areas. Long term, we need to get bigger and meaner on defense, and Benning has already started that process.

Listen, I'm not putting any blame at all on Lack here, but Desjardins has to be tactical now.

If Lack starts game 4 and we get blown out again, I don't think we can recover and this probably ends in 5.

However if Miller starts, if we lose, no matter how we lose, close or blowout, we can go back to a rested Lack for game 5 which I think would end up being his best game of the series.

Then it's just a matter of showing up for game 6, and then taking it all game 7.

Thing is Miller would not survive Calgary's crease crashing.

Why should it be Miller time? It's not like we lost 8-1 or anything. We lost the game 4-2 with almost the whole team playing like crap and yet were still within striking distance for most of the game. Lack shouldn't be the roster change that "shakes this team up". He's had 1 good game, 1 great game, and 1 ordinary game. The guy deserves another chance, maybe change one of the many ineffective forwards or defencemen as a wake up call.

^^^^

People are assuming that Miller has regained his form. The intensity level during the playoffs warrants a goalie to be in tip top condition. Only the coaching staff have a clue as to whether Ryan can step in now. Regardless, it would be risky.

Lack has played well and I don't see any reason to make a change.

The problem last night was not the goaltending.

Despite everyone saying it's not Eddie's fault, it is to me.

You need your goalie to come up big when the team isn't playing that great like last night.

He needs to make more saves and steal a game like that. Hiller stole Game 1 for the Flames. Lack needs to step his game up and steal the Canucks a victory...Or be relegated to the bench.

Despite everyone saying it's not Eddie's fault, it is to me.

You need your goalie to come up big when the team isn't playing that great like last night.

He needs to make more saves and steal a game like that. Hiller stole Game 1 for the Flames. Lack needs to step his game up and steal the Canucks a victory...Or be relegated to the bench.

Lack actually did make some game-breaking saves last night, go back and have a look if you want. The problem was not Lack by any means, the Canucks forwards and defence played soft and Calgary (mostly Ferland) took advantage.

Archived