The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sorry fellow Canucks fans, we are NOT getting past the first round.

Demolition Dangler

I don't comment a whole lot but... Good gawd. So many negative comments in the PGT and now a frackin' thread TITLE with this garbage? Objectively criticizing on player/team performance is one thing, but starting a thread with a title like this..... I'm gonna take it a step further and say shove this thread up your ass even if we do get booted after the first round. Maybe turn this thread into a rusty stillson wrench first.

We were never even expected to get into the playoffs so I am really pleased with our progress.

As for saying we are done, why should we be? We have not been outplayed, far from it, in fact over the 3 games I think we have been the better team.

It is only 2-1 and we have an excellent record away from home.

I just wish some of our fanbase had more guts. win - we're great, lose - we're cr-p, win - we're great again, lose - we're useless and so it goes on.

It's like many of us lack the nerve for the big occasion and ironically these are the people who attack the team, the coach and the management. If they can't get their hilarious 5-1 win in the GDT to pan out they go apesh-t.

By the way I forecast a 3-2 win for Calgary. Why because I thought the crowd would make a difference in the first home game, which they did (unlike our first home game) but not the second which I think we will win 3-1 to square the series.

For a team that wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs this year we're doing ok. This last game was hard to watch but don't be giving up on our boys so soon. I think a lot of people under estimated the flames (myself included) but never mind, one thing this team has done through out the season is bounce back after a bad game.

Yeah, just a cowardly bandwagon-jumper. Gonna hop back on if they win Tuesday?

they wont win thats the point.

Oh we played a good game says eddie... No really we got out hit none of the players hit tonight

it was a disgusting game. I dont understand why teams wait til the end to start to hit that was a

typical Calgary goon game then we do the same thing really...Mathias plays like a girl for a big man really ..

I dont care the canuck s should have matched their hitting but they didnt and it showed.

Ferland should have been hammered with good hits to settle him down. he took libertys all over the ice

He did not go to play hockey he went to hurt someone why did nt we respond to that.

I really dont care if they win the next game they wont go far ..we dont need a bunch of girls playing hockey. we need a mans hockey team. Where was Dorsett tonight? Sbisa looks like a wimp how big is that man coward .I dont know why one game canucks play really well, the next they take a night off then Calgary wins lights out something doesnt seem right with this.

Right now I am thoroughly embarrassed with that exhibition game. Its about ratings starten to think these games are trying to emulate the WWF .. rigged games..and Yeah I cant stand looking at those hosts anymore either ..Rudy they all know what they are doing...wait til Connor McDavid is in Edmonton that s all we are going to hear day in and day out..Liked Gretzky but at the time I hated him..man tell me that pick was not fixed....Lets give edmonton the high pick next year too and the year after..

who really is keeping them honest by flipping cards looking for the gold card really...

they wont win thats the point.

Oh we played a good game says eddie... No really we got out hit none of the players hit tonight

it was a disgusting game. I dont understand why teams wait til the end to start to hit that was a

typical Calgary goon game then we do the same thing really...Mathias plays like a girl for a big man really ..

I dont care the canuck s should have matched their hitting but they didnt and it showed.

Ferland should have been hammered with good hits to settle him down. he took libertys all over the ice

He did not go to play hockey he went to hurt someone why did nt we respond to that.

I really dont care if they win the next game they wont go far ..we dont need a bunch of girls playing hockey. we need a mans hockey team. Where was Dorsett tonight? Sbisa looks like a wimp how big is that man coward .I dont know why one game canucks play really well, the next they take a night off then Calgary wins lights out something doesnt seem right with this.

Right now I am thoroughly embarrassed with that exhibition game. Its about ratings starten to think these games are trying to emulate the WWF .. rigged games..and Yeah I cant stand looking at those hosts anymore either ..Rudy they all know what they are doing...wait til Connor McDavid is in Edmonton that s all we are going to hear day in and day out..Liked Gretzky but at the time I hated him..man tell me that pick was not fixed....Lets give edmonton the high pick next year too and the year after..

who really is keeping them honest by flipping cards looking for the gold card really...

Oh yeah I agree with the title forgot why I was writing in this forum...yeah its the thin air in Calgary thats what it is...

Yup, I said it finally.

I thought this year would be different because of new faces in the organization.

Nope.

Look at the Sedins... They could end up playing worse in the playoffs than the previous 2 playoffs against the Sharks and Kings. 1 point in 3 games each.

Look at the second line. We don't really have a second line. The loss of Kesler was significant and it showed.

Lineup shuffling has to be done, and Horvat must be given more minutes and a bigger offensive role. Bonino and Higgins should be demoted to the third line. That's where they would be most effective.

Call up Sven Baertschi. Having the chip on his shoulder would fuel the Canucks lineup to punish the Flames. He would be able to provide more offense to the top 6 as well.

Play Vrbata with the sedins. Second line should be Baertschi Horvat Burrows. Third line should be Richardson Bonino Higgins and fourth line should be Kenins matthias and Hansen.

Making these moves may increase our chances in this 7 game series. But after the way we played in game 1 and 3, our chances are slim.

I predict the canucks to get pummeled by the Flames in the next 2 games straight.

We WILL lose this series 1-4, just like the way we lost to the Kings. The veterans will NEVER carry this team to stanley cup contention again after the one time in 2011. Young guns are the future, and they will carry us.

CHANGE IS COMING.

I love your lineup shuffling but your pessimism not so much.

Bonino ????

I need to see more from him perhaps Kenins should stay in and Bonino sit???

...but I would give Bonino one more game

Vrbata????

Burrows compete's much harder than Vrbata but switching Burrows and Vrbata is worth trying

I love your lineup shuffling but your pessimism not so much.

Bonino ????

I need to see more from him perhaps Kenins should stay in and Bonino sit???

...but I would give Bonino one more game

Vrbata????

Burrows compete's much harder than Vrbata but switching Burrows and Vrbata is worth trying

There is no Dorsett in your line up

Are you kidding????

replace Baertschi with Dorsett

Archived