The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Burrows Suspended for Game 4 Pending NHL Review (Vancouver, Calgary, and NHL Media Reaction Included)

Canucks

If burrows does get suspended we all have a very good reason to be extremely upset, would show obvious dislike to burrows and the canucks (I think they've already showed that over the past few years) . should be 0 suspensions, there was no play in the game to warrant a suspension in the playoffs. unless the NHL wants to see a softer more pre-season feel to these games. NhL Management has been a joke and the amount of penalties in all series has been ridiculous slowing thr games down and took the integrity out of the playoffs

Seriously? If anybody should have been suspended it was Bieksa. Burrows hit a guy then fought a guy. That's it.

There was no instigator called on the play, so no reason to suspend anyone.

Personally, I liked the fact that Juice danced with Ferland. (or as Wallstreet calls it, "Picking his spots") The guy spent the last 10 minutes of game two trying to injure Canucks' skill players and carried on with more of the same in game three.

I suppose this is typical of CDC. After game two it's "OMG! Why didn't someone stand up for Eddie when Ferland hit him?!"

When someone does, it's "He should be suspended",,, :rolleyes:

I for one hope they suspend Burrows a game, it finally forces WD to get Virbata on the top line where he should have been from the start of the series.... Also lets pray they bring up Sven... Hes got the chip on his shoulder we need.

Instead of Baertschi wins for Canucks, it's Bennett wins for Calgary.

This series is a youth series. Time to bring him up. Vey also has that never quit energy the Flames are displaying. Miller is ready but Lack always bounces from a bad game.

And instead of fighting in the last 5 or less minute, how about decimating the opponent with descimating hits?

The Canucks stopped hitting.

And where the HELL is Kassian?

He won't be suspended. With the tone of this series and the missed boarding on Dan, etc., they won't dare start making it lopsided again. Rescinded? OK, sounds like a plan.

I will personally drive to Calgary and lace them up myself to show them what is suspension worthy if they start making the series all about One Direction.

Instead of Baertschi wins for Canucks, it's Bennett wins for Calgary.

This series is a youth series. Time to bring him up. Vey also has that never quit energy the Flames are displaying. Miller is ready but Lack always bounces from a bad game.

And instead of fighting in the last 5 or less minute, how about decimating the opponent with descimating hits?

The Canucks stopped hitting.

And where the HELL is Kassian?

Vey has energy, but that's about it.

And Kassian is back where he belongs?

debluvscanucks.....you post the most ridiculous comments. I dare you to drive to Calgary and lace up the skates. HaHa! I usually read your posts for the comic relief and this didn't disappoint. Super Moderator!!! Lol!!!

On to the topic...watching the play unfold and seeing Burrows literally punching Russell without Russell even getting his gloves off plus the fact that Burrows has history with the League of Discipline, I can see Burrows getting the one game suspension. He clearly was the aggressor and instigator even though Russell got in his face. The team better bring up Baertschi to replace him.

debluvscanucks.....you post the most ridiculous comments. I dare you to drive to Calgary and lace up the skates. HaHa! I usually read your posts for the comic relief and this didn't disappoint. Super Moderator!!! Lol!!!

On to the topic...watching the play unfold and seeing Burrows literally punching Russell without Russell even getting his gloves off plus the fact that Burrows has history with the League of Discipline, I can see Burrows getting the one game suspension. He clearly was the aggressor and instigator even though Russell got in his face. The team better bring up Baertschi to replace him.

Your are picking the wrong fight pal

He won't be suspended. With the tone of this series and the missed boarding on Dan, etc., they won't dare start making it lopsided again. Rescinded? OK, sounds like a plan.

I will personally drive to Calgary and lace them up myself to show them what is suspension worthy if they start making the series all about One Direction.

Go Deb Go!!

and don't forget to stop by Michael Ferlund's Mom's place and give her a autographed pic of the Sedins :lol:

Cuz she is a admin? Admins can be wrong to ya know

Yes, but we still know how to work the controls. :)

And really, this is almost sig worthy.

I am a Canuck Fan, first and foremost. This forum is more lenient than any other I've ever been on in as far as allowing outsiders in. And, in allowing some fun and silliness (no, this is not the library or your Aunt's house). It's all in fun in the end...unless you don't get that part? This is my team, I don't try to hide it. And I won't apologize for it.

Back on topic?

From the Canucks side I see 3 possible suspensions:

1/ Burrows - automatic (late instigator)

2/ Hamhuis - obvious (hit to head)

3/ Bieksa - automatic (late instigator)

Two are automatic game suspensions and one is almost assured, so even if the NHL decides to rescind one (to equal up Engelland, which I don't think they'll do) we're still down 2 veterans for game 4.

Problem is, who to bring up? I honestly think Sven would have a target on his back and therefore may not be as useful in Calgary as he would be in Vancouver for GM 5...so Jensen?...MacMillan? And for D we have a logjam of NHL ready D-men (Clendenning, Stanton, Biega, Corrado)...so who gets the call?

corrado,stanton,seven

Archived