The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A little appreciation - Bo Horvat

TheWheeler

So - been watching the games. My feelings are like a lot of others I can imagine. Last night was absolutely disgusting at how tenacious Calgary is on the forecheck.

There's been a TON of talk and love from CBC on Bennet and Gaudreau. Yeah Lack got some time last game as well, although I could care less about his dad being there... However, since CBC isn't going to give any love or appreciation to this topic, I thought maybe we could talk about something that is actually going great for us.

Bo Horvat.

He just turned 20, he's another playoff rookie, and he has been absolutely phenomenal. He is ALSO outscoring Sam Bennett AND Johnny Gaudreau - 1G 2A for 3pts. Yet he's barely getting any recognition from the CBC meat heads. His power moves have been brilliant, he is playing extremely physical, I saw him chirping from the bench during the game 2 brawl. The kid has some fiery attitude, and is an absolute work horse. And he does it all with Hansen and Kenins as his linemates...

He is the future of this team. I'm excited.

Well done Bo. I can't wait for next year to see him in a more prominent/offensive role!

He's had a couple of end to end rushes that were brilliant...only because they weren't capped off with a goal that they weren't perfection. But he is flying under the play by play radar. I actually like it that way...less pressure. If/when one of the young superheroes of the panel suddenly does falter, it will be glaring. Except they likely will overlook it.

Bo is so promising...our future looks bright with him. Good, solid family in his corner cheering him on. Love what he brings to our team. Go Bo!!

I actually really liked the fact that he screamed at Ferland from the bench after game 2's brawl (where everyone was talking about Miller pointing his finger and what he might have said).

Just shows to me he's not willing to sit and let things happen. He's got intensity!

Can't remember who he hit last night, but he looked fired up and and absolutely crushed one of the Flamers. Kids played great at both ends... He's a Beautician

Wideman. Bo sent him flying in similar fashion to Virtanen reverse hitting that Russian kid flying.

Our young kids Horvat and Kenins are our future, and our future is now. They have been amazing given it's their first playoff experience. Outplaying many of the vets for the most part. Next year bring in two or three more of our picks so we can speed up this retool.

Horvat has been terrific in all aspects. As much as I hate to put too much on a kid's plate, he should be getting considerably more ice-time here because he looks like someone who can handle the extra responsibility. Bo's play is a shining light.

One of the announcers DID say that if he had been playing all season like he did in the last half he would have been in discussions of the calder and may have won it. and it's true, and it sucks he got injured in the preseason which slowed his development a bit. he probably would have been playing the way he is muchfaster had that not occurred.

One of the announcers DID say that if he had been playing all season like he did in the last half he would have been in discussions of the calder and may have won it. and it's true, and it sucks he got injured in the preseason which slowed his development a bit. he probably would have been playing the way he is muchfaster had that not occurred.

That was Hughson.

Archived