The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hiller injured?

TheRussianRocket.

He forgot that you are not supposed to injure yourself when you dive.

That was straight up a dive. Weber was skating his lane, hiller sticks his hand out and then Weber tangles up with his pads. He then spun and banged his head on the ice.

Not denying that he hurt his head - but that's what he gets for trying to draw a penalty

Not that I'd wan't him to be injured, but would that ever be a break for us. They seem to feed of the strong play by Hiller. And boy has he been good so far. Maybe that would be a bit of a knock on their confidence...

It's only fitting that the biggest dive this series results in the offender smashing his own head against the ice on the way down.

That was pathetic by Hiller.

edit: I think it was actually the ice he hit his head on.. goal post was when Eddie actually got run down.

We need to drastically increase our compete level in front of Calgary's net and in front of our own. We've done it in spurts, but not sustained.

My concern is coming up with a plan to deal with: Calgary dumping the puck deep in our zone, then aggressively fore-checking, then hitting our D before they get a chance to make an outlet pass or get out of our own end. Their strategy is working well and show's the problem with our D.

@NHLFlames:

The #Flames have recalled @JoniOrtio from the @AHLFlames ~ http://t.co/AYWR1UFLND http://t.co/PyE674Rx7D

If so, big break for our team. Ramo is a quality backup but in comparison to Hiller, there's a noticeable difference. Hiller stole game 1 for Calgary and played spectacular last night.

If Ramo hadn't gotten inured earlier on, he'd likely be the starter in the playoffs. Ramo was the go to guy down the stretch.

If Hiller is injured, it seems to me somewhat like just retribution for Calgary's attempts to injure Lack.

The way their D have been running Tanev and Weber, maybe we could hope some of their D are hurting too.

The more Flames injured until we win this series, the better, imo; not career-ending injuries of course, just enough to get them out of our way.

I hope Little Johnny and Boy 18 are really starting to feel it and need the summer off too; what the heck?

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to rush them onto their team.

This isn't some kind of feel-good story; the Stanley Cup Playoffs are dangerous.

Injuries are part of the game and the less we have and the more they have, the better our chances to Win The Cup!

Aren't they likely just calling up the guys from the farm that are out of the playoffs? Hiller injured would benefit us.

Most likely. The Adirondack Flames finished 12th in the Western conference, in no small part to the Utica Comets beating them 10 out of the 12 times they played.

I could see Hiller having a sore neck though. The way he snapped his head back like he did could have caused some minor whiplash. The human body has it's own built in defense mechanisms to avoid taking damage to the head and neck when falling. When you attempt to go against those instincts and make a fall look more dramatic, you run the risk of hurting yourself.

Archived