The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Will not suspend Burrows

babych

Vrbata was moved to the 2nd line to provide balance. That line is a liability right now. The 1st line needs more offence and the 2nd needs a more tenacious presence like Burrows.

Yeah we really need Vrbata to get going...

I totally agree. I don't what it is with Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata but they seem to have about zero chemistry. A shake-up might do both lines some good...

I totally agree. I don't what it is with Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata but they seem to have about zero chemistry. A shake-up might do both lines some good...

I agree too. Drop Burrows to the second, promote Vrbata, drop Higgins to the third, promote Matthias.

Continuing this from the previous thread:

This assumes that fight is over.

Don't leave the building quite yet, Elvis...

I'm not sure we should be trying to win that fight though. Solid checks and smart responses to physical play, yes, but trying to start line brawls at the end of a game you're losing isn't an intelligent move.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1h
Hartley& Desjardains just had a conversation in the hallway that ended with a handshake. Seems like they got any potential message from #NHL

If that's true, then it looks like Hartley and Willie agree.

What's all this rescinding bs, am I the only one hearing about this for the 1st time?... So, does Engellands game misc remain on his record for future considerations on disciplinary matters too?

Engelland suspended.. Suspension rescinded. Burrows not suspended no need to ask for it to be rescinded?

Not joking. He always fights guys who have no clue how to fight so he owns them. Look at his fight vs Kessel. He crushed him so hard.

You should be joking.

Burrows might not be a great fighter (he's not), but he is a battler who does not back down from situations.

He fought 227 lb Chris Kreider earlier this year. Missed 2 or 3 games at least after getting hurt in that one. He actually stepped in when Maroon (I think it was, might have been Getzlaf) was going to go after Bieksa (edit, just back from that broken jaw last year) who was playing injured. Are there others that people can remember?

In any case, there is certainly no backdown in our boy. His battle willingness and competitiveness is his best trait!

You should be joking.

Burrows might not be a great fighter (he's not), but he is a battler who does not back down from situations.

He fought 227 lb Chris Kreider earlier this year. Missed 2 or 3 games at least after getting hurt in that one. He actually stepped in when Maroon (I think it was, might have been Getzlaf) was going to go after Bieksa (edit, just back from that broken jaw last year) who was playing injured. Are there others that people can remember?

In any case, there is certainly no backdown in our boy. His battle willingness and competitiveness is his best trait!

Hit the nail on the head... Burrows is completely fearless when called on to protect a team-mate.

But he will not fight when there is no reason to do so.

And yes, like most players in the NHL, he fights in his own weight class. Few players can do what Bieksa and Dorsett do, and fight way above their weight. (and Dorsett rarely wins those type of battles, Bieksa is an exceptional fighter who can)

What thread is that? I don't think I said that... did I?

I edited the quote parameters but apparently they didn't take. It was RUPERTKBD that said it in the other Burrows thread. I've fixed that to avoid the confusion now!

What's all this rescinding bs, am I the only one hearing about this for the 1st time?... So, does Engellands game misc remain on his record for future considerations on disciplinary matters too?

Engelland suspended.. Suspension rescinded. Burrows not suspended no need to ask for it to be rescinded?

It's an automatic suspension for an instigator penalty in the last 5 mins of a game. So both got the penalty, then got the suspension. Both had the suspension lifter but only Burrows didn't get the instigator penalty rescinded.

So why is it Burrows' fault that he he outweighs that little Johnny Lemur by about 30-40 lbs? Are players supposed to treat a 150lb player differently? Even my grandpa can make that little kid fly if he hit him just right, i mean Eddie's equipment probably weighs as much as Johnny boy.

Burrows' hit, which led to the fight, was far less severe and dangerous than what Ferdumb did to Sbisa.

Archived