The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings prospect Patrick Bartosak 'stares down' Joey Crabb in shootout

oldnews

That's a great clip. Would have never seen it unless it was here in this thread.

Joey Crabb...probably couldn't score on the plywood Mr. Goalie at 8 Rinks. Hard to believe he's got 179 NHL games to his credit (mind you, most of those games were with the Maple Leafs, so I guess they don't really count).

He wasn't ready and Crabb still missed. No wonder why he's in the AHL

Also did this really deserve a thread in the prospect section?

Yeah, belongs in the AHL forum. Oh well.

Thanks to the mod who moved this. Sorry about the braincramp.

I guess you could say that's... OLD NEWS!!!!

You're welcome to show me where it's been posted.

Your search engine must be better than mine.

And btw, extra points for originality.

Swear I've seen this on here, but when did either of them become a Canucks prospect or a part of the Utica Comets?

Can't get anyhing past you..

You are the king....

Of mini-mods.

Anyhow, I searched Bartosak in every forum - came up nowhere but in the hockey pool threads.

My sincerest apologies - I put this here by mistake thinking I'd searched the AHL thread last - but almost pleased with the mistake because I always enjoy your posts so much. :P

Swear I've seen a post with you mini-modding before, but I could be wrong.

And I swear I've seen you post on topic before, but that's certainly not the case here. B)

Relax, it was in the wrong spot and I wasn't the first person to make note of it.

Anyhow, I searched Bartosak in every forum - came up nowhere but in the hockey pool threads.

My sincerest apologies - I put this here by mistake thinking I'd searched the AHL thread last - but almost pleased with the mistake because I always enjoy your posts so much. :P

Yeah, I took a look around but I know I've seen it. Maybe it was on PHT or possibly Twitter or something since I don't go to many other hockey sites. But it's a little weird without the context of what happened.

Yeah, I took a look around but I know I've seen it. Maybe it was on PHT or possibly Twitter or something since I don't go to many other hockey sites. But it's a little weird without the context of what happened.

Good for you. You saw it. Perhaps a bit narcissistic of you, but beleve it or not, I didn't ask myself 'has elvis seen this?' before posting.

I thought the search engine might suffice. Next time I'll pm you before posting, k.

Sorry about putting it in the wrong forum king.

Good for you. You saw it. Perhaps a bit narcissistic of you, but beleve it or not, I didn't ask myself 'has elvis seen this?' before posting.

I thought the search engine might suffice. Next time I'll pm you before posting, k.

Sorry about putting it in the wrong forum king.

Sounds good to me. ::D Feel free to PM me in case of any other mistakes as well...

Speaking of the context:

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2015/4/4/8346933/monarchs-bartosak-misses-whistle-still-makes-save

With the Manchester Monarchs in a shootout against the Hartford Wolfpack, the ref blew the whistle to allow Joey Crabb to take his attempt on net. One problem: Patrik Bartosak didn't hear the whistle and had no idea that the play was live. Turns out, it didn't matter.

Sounds good to me. : :D Feel free to PM me in case of any other mistakes as well...

Speaking of the context:

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2015/4/4/8346933/monarchs-bartosak-misses-whistle-still-makes-save

Did you really need the context spelled out for you?

You know elvis, mods have asked/encouraged/instructed/warned me to not be abusive, so I'm doing my best - they've also asked you to cut the mini-mod act, as have literally hundreds of other posters around here, so you'll have to forgive me if I forget to pm you and expect you to exercise as much discretion with your interventions as you expect due diligence of other posters.

The fact here, at least as it appeared to me by process of searching, is that this was not posted before. So I accept your apology and assume likewise.

My opinion is that filling in 'context' before the video is not only not necessary, but is kind of like spelling out a punchline before delivering a joke. The context "stares down" was enough imo.

I'm not worried about the "literally" hundreds of other posters, and I've talked with the mods both in threads and through PMs so I know full well where I stand on that.

But I'm just talking about having seen it before and adding context for those that'd like it - I thought the big smile emoticon would be enough to make that last bit about the PMs obvious as sarcasm. As for the replies about the thread's location (from more than just me) at the start, you have to be prepared for that if you put something in the wrong spot.

Let's just get back to being amiable posters having intelligent discussions on a forum.

I'm not worried about the "literally" hundreds of other posters, and I've talked with the mods both in threads and through PMs so I know full well where I stand on that.

But I'm just talking about having seen it before and adding context for those that'd like it - I thought the big smile emoticon would be enough to make that last bit about the PMs obvious as sarcasm. As for the replies about the thread's location (from more than just me) at the start, you have to be prepared for that if you put something in the wrong spot.

Let's just get back to being amiable posters having intelligent discussions on a forum.

That's the coward's way! 13 rounds of bareknuckle boxing is the only way to settle this...

That's the coward's way! 13 rounds of bareknuckle boxing is the only way to settle this...

Maybe we can get a ref that'll blow the whistle really quietly so only one of us hears it (preferably me)! I'd have to make sure to 'score' on my first attempt though.

Archived