The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep hope alive

whcanuck

lol every single one of those teams except for the Kings either won the President's trophy that year or were near the top of the league standings

And the Kings are a team that is plain and simply built for the playoffs

We are not these teams

Right. We shouldn't even bother to watch, we know what will happen.

Why is it always gloom and doom with you?

because i've been watching this team since I was 8, enough said lol.

We're all frustrated. We all are dying to win, believe me. But at some point maybe try and at least think positively. This series isn't even close to being done, and a win tomorrow might even give us the edge.

Kings fans went on a drought for 45 years, then they won 2 times in 3 years. That's the beauty of this sport, anything can happen.

So start believing, it's a lot better than expecting the worst all the time.

When we Win!! tomorrow, we will have our home ice advantage back.

Then it will be a best 2 out of 3 and we will have home ice!

Stay positive people!!

Sure...but there is also a 50/50 chances that we lose tomorrow and have our next home game potentially the last until next year..

Like Don Cherry say's you need the foot soldiers to win , the Canucks don't have enough of them right now , if your watching the Ducks / Jets it makes you wonder how the Canucks could compete against either one .

We will literally get ran over like boys vs girls....I have been saying for years that we need a bigger and tougher team...only to hear many ppl here saying the "new" nhl needs little guys who have speed and skills...lol

because i've been watching this team since I was 8, enough said lol.

I hear ya. Been there for every cup run, and each time the faith was strong. While there is still lots of hockey to play, I just don't see it in them...in fact what I am seeing is the same old, pathetic, response to a fast, aggressive team.

I hear ya. Been there for every cup run, and each time the faith was strong. While there is still lots of hockey to play, I just don't see it in them...in fact what I am seeing is the same old, pathetic, response to a fast, aggressive team.

you just read my mind... Higgins must go after this season. Bonino will be forever in bottom 6, and I would like to see him packaged in a deal for draft picks.

We're all frustrated. We all are dying to win, believe me. But at some point maybe try and at least think positively. This series isn't even close to being done, and a win tomorrow might even give us the edge.

Kings fans went on a drought for 45 years, then they won 2 times in 3 years. That's the beauty of this sport, anything can happen.

So start believing, it's a lot better than expecting the worst all the time.

I did, up until 2011

literally everything was in our favour that year but no yet again we found away to choke and lose somehow, a big chunk of the emotional investment I had in this team was gone after that year, then there was the gongshow goalie controversy after which was just embarrassing. still can't believe how poorly that was handled

something always happens to make this team lose, no matter what the year or no matter what our roster looks like, i still watch and still follow the team i just don't expect much anymore lol. don't get me wrong if we comeback and beat the flames i'll be thrilled, just not expecting it.

Like Don Cherry say's you need the foot soldiers to win , the Canucks don't have enough of them right now , if your watching the Ducks / Jets it makes you wonder how the Canucks could compete against either one .

We have plenty of foot soldiers. Dorsett, Hansen, Kenins, Higgins, Matthias, Richardson, Horvat, etc. What we're lacking right now is the ability to score and prevent the other team from scoring since the Sedins aren't leading the way offensively and the Bonino line unfortunately is trailing defensively and offensively.

We will literally get ran over like boys vs girls....I have been saying for years that we need a bigger and tougher team...only to hear many ppl here saying the "new" nhl needs little guys who have speed and skills...lol

FTFY.

And the bigger guys with speed and skill are harder to come by while there are plenty of bigger/tougher who lack the skill to actually play hockey at a high enough level. But then we've explained this all to you before, and the way rosters have changed for many teams this year should be proof positive that size alone (or even size and grit) isn't enough to stick in the NHL. Skill is needed too, and is arguably more important overall.

Mark my words guys. I'm predicting a 4-1 series win for the Calgary Flames. Same old core, same old story.

If the Canucks win this series, you can stick this post up my ass.

Might as well grab your ankles now . A lot of people picked Canucks in 6 , they got their 2 losses out of the way. It's a little post, so it won't hurt to bad.

This old core is playing it's worst playoff hockey ever. The Flames are younger, faster, bigger and close in skill. Have all the hope/faith you want but the Canucks aren't winning this series. Nobody ever thought they would have make it past the first round at the start of the season so nobody is going to be surprised. It's no big deal. We're rebuilding. Consider the playoffs some bonus hockey.

This old core is playing it's worst playoff hockey ever. The Flames are younger, faster, bigger and close in skill. Have all the hope/faith you want but the Canucks aren't winning this series. Nobody ever thought they would have make it past the first round at the start of the season so nobody is going to be surprised. It's no big deal. We're rebuilding. Consider the playoffs some bonus hockey.

I'd rather have missed and gotten a better draft pick than watch the embarrassment we've seen in this series so far.

Archived