The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN-EDM BLOCKBUSTER

Why not?

I don't mind Vey, Jensen, or even Gaunce going.

But with Kassian going, who's gonna be our agitator who's big, can deliver checks, can score, and is a fun personality? Not Eberle. He's just a scorer.

Lack? You really want to trade our fan-favourite goalie who could actually turn into something good?

Two more players costing $8.5 million is not something we need right now. Not for what Eberle and Yakupov bring

TO VAN:

Yakupov

Eberle

TO EDM:

Lack

Kassian

Jensen

Vey

Gaunce

OUR LINEUP:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Eberle

Burrows Bonino Yakupov

Higgins Richardson Virtanen

If there is anything that has been noticeable with the Canucks team leading up to the playoffs and three games into it, it's a lack of players on the roster who are "playoff players".

I'm going to wager that Kassian and Gaunce are going to develop into playoff players. They might not give you what you want night-after-night for 82 games, but IMO, they'll do enough to help the team get in the playoffs and once in, they will be difference makers. So, I wouldn't trade either of them anytime soon.

IMO, Jensen will probably end up being a marshmallow who has okay regular seasons but will disappear in the playoffs, sort of how Vrbata has disappeared the last three games. Vey...do with him what you will. Lack is on the cusp of being a big game player, so I wouldn't move him anytime soon.

I'm also going to wager that Yakupov will not develop into a playoff player. Eberle has some big-game pedigree, so he may be worth targeting.

We've got too many playoff passengers on the bus right now...don't need to add Yakupov to the mix.

Yeah, that lineup will get you far in the Western Conference.

Have you watched any playoff games OP?

Forget about the Flames/Canucks series, the Jets/Ducks series is a bloody war.

So tell us again how you'd like us to get smaller to survive the two month war that is the playoffs?

I don't mind Vey, Jensen, or even Gaunce going.

But with Kassian going, who's gonna be our agitator who's big, can deliver checks, can score, and is a fun personality? Not Eberle. He's just a scorer.

Lack? You really want to trade our fan-favourite goalie who could actually turn into something good?

Two more players costing $8.5 million is not something we need right now. Not for what Eberle and Yakupov bring

1. Virtanen

2. Yes he will be great. But he is also the main reason Edmonton takes this trade. We have Miller and Markstrom who will be a great tandem. I agree Lack is better than Markstrom and better than Miller stats wise. But Miller will not be moved, and if he is we wont get much. If there wasnt a plan in place for after Miller i deffiently wouldnt trade Lack. But there is. His name is Demko, Thatcher Demko. Whom i believe will be a great goalie. Demko will be the next Quick IMHO

I think CDC undervalues Yakupov by a wide margin. He would instantly become a fan favourite once he started sniping goals. Eberle may be costly, but with a fresh start he will be worth every penny of his contract

We don't want any more $6million+ players until we let go some of our $5m+ players first.

Virtanen doesn't have crazy in his eyes like the Kassquatch

Lol.. no. But he has crazy in his hits. Ppl will be scared to try and take the puck from him. Cuz if they try, Virtanen goes from scoring mode, to, im putting u right through them boards mode lol

Only player I want out of Edmonton is Nuge

Only player i want is Draisaitl, He is Bigger and Stronger for the western conference, he dosnt have a 6 Mil cap hit

I dont want Nuge being our future Number 1 center having to go against the big centers in the west. At least Draisaitl wont be pushed around as easy...Horvat, Draisaitl and McCann is the perfect balance of size, speed and skill for the top 3 centers

Only player i want is Draisaitl, He is Bigger and Stronger for the western conference, he dosnt have a 6 Mil cap hit

I dont want Nuge being our future Number 1 center having to go against the big centers in the west. At least Draisaitl wont be pushed around as easy...Horvat, Draisaitl and McCann is the perfect balance of size, speed and skill for the top 3 centers

RNH is the same size as McCann. I wouldnt consider him small.

Archived