The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stretcher brought into canucks dressing room, burrows taken to hospital by ambulance

cuporbust

Good news that they didn't use the lights or sirens, but bad news that he was stretchered into the ambulance, he didn't walk. If it were just a wrist or something you wouldn't think they would use an ambulance and even if they did he would likely just walk.

Really, really hope he's going to be okay!!

The only thing I worry about is sometimes they don't put the emergency sirens on until they hit the highway/street.

Praying he is ok.

Wrist? I think it has to be something more, I mean who gets stretchered and taken to the hospital by ambulance for a wrist injury? Must be something pretty significant.

don't people get put on stretchers for pretty much all sorts of injuries? they are not reserved for people who are incapacitated i don't think?

could just be a nasty laceration or something?

you don't need a stretcher for a wrist.

What's going on?

That's how ambulance transports work, they have you in the stretcher...paramedics have to asses vitals, even if it's a small/simple injury like a broken wrist. It's not unusual, my dad's a paramedic, they put pretty much every patient on the stretcher.

Could be a big cut, went into shock and needed to contain some blood loss or something from a wrist cut, or a very seriously broken bone, with the bone sticking out or something. I mean, if the teams saying its not life threatening and not a big issue it isn't, they would not make any statement, just say we are not in a position to comment on burrows status at this time. So it is something maybe serious, but may not even impact him for the entire playoffs.

That's how ambulance transports work, they have you in the stretcher...paramedics have to asses vitals, even if it's a small/simple injury like a broken wrist. It's not unusual, my dad's a paramedic, they put pretty much every patient on the stretcher.

Except my asthmatic son, who couldn't breathe and whose tongue was going numb...WITH a history of brain aneurysms and other things. They went and sat in the ambulance until he struggled to walk out there, in the rain, on his own. I had a lot to say when I reached the hospital.

all the reporters at the arena during practice and we're getting such little information. I need something official from the team before I lose my mind.

Canucks PR said it is, "not a medical issue, not life threatening and is injury related"

Archived