The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Home game color matching

horvat82

Why does the canucks organization not request the fans attending the game to wear all the same color whether it be a jersey much like Calgary or Winnipeg with the whiteout.. Adds alot to the fan energy I think when everybody with team colors is cheering.

To be honest, I think our fans are hesitant to emotionally commit to the team. It's like being in a relationship where one partner keeps dumping the other one and then begging for forgiveness :lol:

I was watching the Jets game yesterday and even after the team lost in OT, the fans started chanting "Go Jets Go" almost immediately. I couldn't help but think that our fans would never do that, and it's not actually a bad thing. It doesn't mean that we don't love our team. It's just that our standards are higher. We're past being excited about the team making the playoffs. We've done the Presidents Trophy, we've done winning the Western Conference, we've done the winning of NW div titles, and we've experienced a lengthy playoff run. The only thing we haven't experienced is a Cup win.

So until such time that it actually looks at all plausible that this might happen, we can't expect the fans to get all into it

Why does the canucks organization not request the fans attending the game to wear all the same color whether it be a jersey much like Calgary or Winnipeg with the whiteout.. Adds alot to the fan energy I think when everybody with team colors is cheering.

Calgary and Winnipeg haven't been in the playoffs for years. They have something extra to be excited about.

And the organization can't tell fans what to wear, at best they could try and start a social media campaign for everyone to wear blue but no guarantee that works without that culture in place already. We already have the white towels waving so that tends to dominate the crowd when they're waiving anyway.

If asked by the team, most people would not wear blue out of spite of being asked to conform. It's the Vancouver way.

In order to get a movement like this off the ground someone would have to stand outside the gates handing out 18,000 blue shirts for free. A little known part of the Towel Power revolution was that it wouldn't have happened if not for the guy from Dog's Ear handing out white towels outside the Coliseum the next game.

Or hand out something like a free hot dog for those wearing blue...otherwise most canuck fans don't seem to be very motivated to wear blue....I was the only one wearing a canucks jersey in the suite I was in for game 2 Friday night....very very sad

It's not like we have a handful of other jerseys that people have emotional attachments to that aren't blue or anything.

Exactly this. How many teams in the NHL have had the amount of jersey changes we've had let alone the changes in colour schemes. That's a Calgary's thing and Winnipeg's thing. We have the towels for our tradition and we should be proud of that. We don't need another gimmick to get fans engaged.

Archived