The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Surprised?

Kanucklehead10

Why is everyone blasting this team for what was expected?

This team isn't going to win anytime soon. I thought fans accepted that.

Canucks fans should be grateful enough that this team even made it to the playoffs.

I love how bipolar every Canuck fan seems to be after games.

Honestly, it's not like anyone didn't know how much of a choke-show the Canucks become, come playoff time.

The funny this is that many Canucks fans love to overrate their players for what they really are.

This Senior Sedins are past their prime and have no help (I think Henrik or Daniel even passed a flames player their stick after being pushed by him tonight).This team consists of a first line, two 3rd lines and a 4th line. Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Edler, once considered top defencemen in the league are getting outplayed by the likes of Brodie and Russell. lol. Need I say more?

Anyone remember what Torts said in his final assessment on the Canucks last year?

"The core is stale, I believe there needs to be changes"

He was right

Why is everyone so blind to this? It's been 5+ years with this core and all you see is disappointment after disappointment. Coaching was never the problem. Two years ago, AV was never the problem.

He's a great coach; brought the Canucks to the finals in 2011, made it to the finals last year and has turned the rangers into a powerhouse.

Then there are those fans that will say "he was with this same team for too long and the players wouldn't listen to him anymore".

Anyone hear of Mike Babcock? Lindy Ruff (who had success for many years with the Sabres when he coached them for 15 years?)

Hell, If that was the case, then it would've been even more reason to change the core because it obviously shows a lack of commitment and loyalty on their end.

Throughout the years management and fans alike have been so delusional with their expectations and beliefs in this team and are the ones that run this team to the ground until it is too late. So what are we shooting for again? Another mid to late pick in the draft and continue on with the cycle being a mediocre team that is never good enough to win? 43 years in the making....

I hope Benning sees this issue and makes some big changes in the offseason, because it's the same BS story each year.

Although I am a little surprised at how easily the Flames are beating us, I am not at all surprised with the overall picture.

I said from day one of the season this team is middle of the pack AT BEST.

We played above our record and the point total did to paint a true picture of what this team is.

I'm not being a Negative Nancy, just stating reality.

Aging core for the last few years now.

A top 6 featuring more and more tweeners like Higgins,Vey, Matthias, Burrows (at this point in his career) all season.

A blue line with no clear cut "top guy".

Three top 4 D, the other 3 being #6 guys.

Give it a few years to allow the Sedin's to retire, expire some contracts and the likes of Horvat, Virtanen, Cassels, McCann ect ect hit their stride.

We're waiting for the bounces, Calgary is pushing for possession.

Well, hate is a strong word.

I grew to despise him because the moment he stepped on the ice I knew that he was going to be pushed up the lineup because of his work ethic. Similar to guys like Matthias, Booth, Higgins and Burrows (of the present). They're great as checkers and the points come to them when they're exceeding at simply keeping the puck out of their own net because that's what they're good at. And to their credit, it works when you're facing the Lapierre's and Bickell's of the league. BUT, they simply don't have the capacity to think like a naturally talented player. You'll watch them work ten times as hard as the opponent and yet they don't seem to put up the numbers you would expect them to. Cue the infamous Torts phrase, "We just aren't getting the bounces right now."

frack the bounces.

Do you think other teams second lines are content to wait for lucky rebounds or the few odd man rushes in a game to capitalize? Not a chance in hell. The best teams have top six players who have offence come naturally to them.

The short stint our second line is on right now is a prime example. A few bounces have gone their way the past couple of games and everybody's thinking, "Wow, Higgins will pot 25, Bonino's a sniper, look at our secondary scoring proving the haters wrong!"

Yeah right. Call me a hater, troll, whatever word you feel like throwing around because you're butthurt. That won't change the fact that we haven't had a decent 2nd line winger since Mikael Samuelsson.

let's have some perspective here. i'm really peeved at the effort tonight.

and frustrated with some of the coaching decisions. macmillan in, instead of baertschi? ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME.

baer's gotta be in for friday's game.

bieksa has to sit. he's had a bad game, and a poor series overall. he's not doing any good for the team right now.

move vrbata to the sedins (why the coaching staff didn't do this, i have no clue).

at the end of the day. i think the canucks can win game 5. but i don't think they'll win the series. out in six.

Why is everyone blasting this team for what was expected?

This team isn't going to win anytime soon. I thought fans accepted that.

Canucks fans should be grateful enough that this team even made it to the playoffs.

I love how bipolar every Canuck fan seems to be after games.

Honestly, it's not like anyone didn't know how much of a choke-show the Canucks become, come playoff time.

The funny this is that many Canucks fans love to overrate their players for what they really are.

This Senior Sedins are past their prime and have no help (I think Henrik or Daniel even passed a flames player their stick after being pushed by him tonight).This team consists of a first line, two 3rd lines and a 4th line. Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Edler, once considered top defencemen in the league are getting outplayed by the likes of Brodie and Russell. lol. Need I say more?

Anyone remember what Torts said in his final assessment on the Canucks last year?

"The core is stale, I believe there needs to be changes"

He was right

Why is everyone so blind to this? It's been 5+ years with this core and all you see is disappointment after disappointment. Coaching was never the problem. Two years ago, AV was never the problem.

He's a great coach; brought the Canucks to the finals in 2011, made it to the finals last year and has turned the rangers into a powerhouse.

Then there are those fans that will say "he was with this same team for too long and the players wouldn't listen to him anymore".

Anyone hear of Mike Babcock? Lindy Ruff (who had success for many years with the Sabres when he coached them for 15 years?)

Hell, If that was the case, then it would've been even more reason to change the core because it obviously shows a lack of commitment and loyalty on their end.

Throughout the years management and fans alike have been so delusional with their expectations and beliefs in this team and are the ones that run this team to the ground until it is too late. So what are we shooting for again? Another mid to late pick in the draft and continue on with the cycle being a mediocre team that is never good enough to win? 43 years in the making....

I hope Benning sees this issue and makes some big changes in the offseason, because it's the same BS story each year.

Because the Canucks had over a 100 point season and were solid. Yet here we are getting beat down hard in the playoffs.

Regardless. We are a pretty good team. The playoffs are a crapshoot

I'm surprised because the Flames are not world beaters Hiller is not a great goalie they are missing their best d and captain. Calgary over achieved just like the Canucks did. This team was beatable but it should have been a closer 50/50 series.

Yes this team is old, lightweights, and slow. With too many jack of all trade grunts and no guys who have specific skills in a particular era.

This is why I was hoping for LA in the first round, knew Calgary was a dangerous team... But no, everyone here was hoping for the Flames. Still happy?

F off with that crap. Its not like the Canucks would have beaten the Kings either. They play differently in the playoffs like Chicago they are probably the only teams who have another gear for each round of the playoffs.

This is why I was hoping for LA in the first round, knew Calgary was a dangerous team... But no, everyone here was hoping for the Flames. Still happy?

Still have to find a way to break down the opponent. Instead of Ferland we would have had Brown. Instead of Hiller we would have had Quick to deal with. Same story over and over, can't score goals, can't clear pucks out of our own zone, can't break out of our own zone and perimeter play. Every team that plays us in the playoffs knows what our weaknesses are...the easiest is pressure the puck and we can't deal with it. Only Chicago plays us differently, but they just beat us with pure skill.

Archived