The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd McLellan as New Head Coach?

vladimirpuck

Todd McLellan would be the perfect coach for the canucks. Unfortunately the oilers got him. Everyone one is picking the oilers now.

Unless they have some d-men that surprise and a goalie that surprises in training camp, they will be competitive but I doubt they will make the playoffs. Not impossible, but doubtful.

Unless they have some d-men that surprise and a goalie that surprises in training camp, they will be competitive but I doubt they will make the playoffs. Not impossible, but doubtful.

All depends how much the new brass does to the team

Lol. Waaaay to funny of a thread.Not that I don't get the frustration , I mean my username is CUPORBUST , but get real guys. WD is a great coach. Anything other than a cup and obviously something went wrong. Any time something goes wrong there can always be an excuse to pin it on coaching , but in reality , we are just not very good. He took an aging , stale mediocre core and got them to give him a great effort , plenty of guys having career years and bounce back seasons, far exceeding expectations and making the playoffs. Wake up. we have a great coach.

We were never going all the way. I'm glad he got his first NHL playoff coaching experience out of the way with a team that was never supposed to even make the post season in the first place.

Give Babcock 10 million and this team still would have been golfing at some point. Hell, maybe even sooner

Lol. Waaaay to funny of a thread.Not that I don't get the frustration , I mean my username is CUPORBUST , but get real guys. WD is a great coach. Anything other than a cup and obviously something went wrong. Any time something goes wrong there can always be an excuse to pin it on coaching , but in reality , we are just not very good. He took an aging , stale mediocre core and got them to give him a great effort , plenty of guys having career years and bounce back seasons, far exceeding expectations and making the playoffs. Wake up. we have a great coach.

We were never going all the way. I'm glad he got his first NHL playoff coaching experience out of the way with a team that was never supposed to even make the post season in the first place.

Give Babcock 10 million and this team still would have been golfing at some point. Hell, maybe even sooner

Haha at least give him more than 1 season than his first right ?

Anyways 1-2 years and then assess his fit with the team. I like Desjardins but would like to see how Travis Green does in the 1-2 years and maybe he can take over for Desjardins

From the incredible changes I've seen in the last month with the oilers I don't believe they will have any problems getting what they want . goalie no problem. Defense no problem. world class coach no problem. World class GM no problem.

Archived