The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Higgins needs to be scratched!

Zigmund.Palffy

honestly the way this guy plays going into the offensive zone just annoys me, everytime he gets a pass he freaking loses the puck ! Id rather have someone who can actually carry it in and protect the puck and make some plays!

These should be the lineup for next game

Sedin-sedin-vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-hansen

Dorsett-matthias-kenins

Vey-bonino-mcmillian

Bieksa-hamhuis

Edler-tanev

Clendening-sbsia

Miller

If anything we need to load it up

Bonino im sorry but your a freaking elephant out there soo god damn slow you need a demotion!

We need some speed and grit out there

The Problem is, we have nobody proven enough to take Higgin's spot. Matthias hasn't done much in this series to warrant a promotion, and Baertschi is not proven. I agree though, get Higgy out of the top 6.

Well Bennett isn't proven either, but look what he's done. Sometimes you have to let your young guns take over.

Higgins must be traded at the draft. He's taking up a valuable roster spot from other players who deserve a shot. Unfortunately, Willie is playing the seniority card when it comes to dealing with Higgins.

I agree. Higgins, Bieksa, and Sbisa should all be scratched. Hamhuis looked good defensively last game. Edler was O.K.

I still don't understand the reasoning of using Mcmillan over Sven. We need scoring. Being tough with these guys is not working in any way at all. Put the puck in the net. Get someone to screen Hiller, and clean up those rebounds.

At this point, id rather Bonino on the third line, Horvat on the second, and Vey on the 4th.

Total BS. Higgins is not the problem. If this is truly your issue then start a movement to fire Benning, he's the one that didn't fix the roster (I'm not actually suggesting that). We don't have an actual 2nd line, and Higgins being stuck in the top 6 is proof. When the Sedins are our 2nd line and Higgins (or a similar player) is on the 3rd or 4th then we can talk about contending. Any contending we do in the mean-time is a Cinderella story.

i don't know how you can single out a player in the top six and throw all the blame on them...you win as a team and you lose as a team...the team's biggest downfall was the calgary's speed and forecheck...we had no answer for it...benning and linden will need to upgrade defense and some forward spots...it will take time...

they won't move players until they have players to push them out...and no, it won't be because cdc says so.

Yes, blame the guy who's been put in a position outside of his capabilities and not the players (Bonino and Vrbata) who are actually meant to be contributing consistently at a top six level. How about we actually, i dunno, sign/trade for a top six LW instead of expecting guys to play out of their comfort zone?

I wouldn't scratch him, due to his use on the PK, but having him in the top 6 or a PP role is a horrible idea. He's pretty much worthless offensively in the playoffs.

It really pissed me off when he just dumped the puck in and went for a change with 10 seconds left in the second last night. He had a lane for a shot, but just gave up on the play. Very frustrating

Archived