The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Summer Retool: Blast from the Past

Looking at the team's performance in this years playoffs it is evident that we need a puck moving defenseman and a legitimate 2nd line center.

Line Up:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Bonino Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Matthias Richardson Dorsett

Kassian, Vey, Baertschi, McMillan

Edler Tanev

Bieksa Sbisa

Weber Hamhuis

Stanton

Miller

Lack

UFA's:

Matthias

Richardson

NTC's:

Sedin

Sedin

Higgins

Vrbata

Hansen

Burrows

Edler

Bieksa

Hamhuis

Miller

Needs:

2nd Line Center

Puck Moving Defenseman

Off season moves:

- Let go Matthias

- Re-sign Richardson

Prospects making the jump:

Baertschi

Corrado

Trades:

Ask Ryan Miller to waive NTC:

Teams in need of goalie include: San Jose (Niemi UFA)

To San Jose:

Miller

4th (2015)

To Vancouver:

2nd (2015)

4th (2016)

2nd line center:

To Phi:

Bonino

2nd (2015) SJ

Weber

Jensen

To Van:

Couturier

3rd (2015)

Sign Ehrhoff 2 years 4 million

2015-2016 Line up:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Couturier Kassian

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Higgins Richardson Dorsett

Baertcshi

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Ehrhoff

Sbisa Bieksa

Lack

Markstrom

Cap Space: 5 million left

Actually he's in Pittsburgh now. He's not what he used to be, so OP, make like Elsa and let it go.

Ehrhoff outright admitted he went to Buffalo to win a cup. Ironic isn't it? He just wants a cup, he doesn't care what logo is on his jersey.

We will soon see that if canucks want to win in playoffs they will need the veteran goalie.

If canucks need a puck moving D, Ehrhoff is done, he's not like he used to be. I'd trade Bieska & Higgins, Then sign Mike Green. I don't think canucks have a real need for the second line center as I can see Bo Horvat filling that hole by the end of next season. I'd also explore at trading Lack to either Edmonton (16th) or Buffalo (21st) for their other first round picks.

That gives you a line up of:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Hovart Vbrata

Matthias Bonino Kassian

Hansen Richardson Dorsett

Vey, Kenins

Tanev Edler

Green Hammer

Sbisa Corrado

Weber, Clendening

Miller

Markstrom

One thing I think this team needs still is more size on the back end, Tryamkin could fill that hole one day, but a big punishing stay at home D man would be nice have and possible replace hammer at the end of next season.

All these ehrhoff jokes... I think he is signed for 5 years more?? Pretty sure he has a better chance at the cup than us in that time.

Eichel , Kane , Zadorov , Ristolainen , Bogosian , Girgensons , Reinhart , Moulson , Grigorenko , ALL BEING 23-28 in that time....

People keep saying Miller to San Jose in proposals, but why would they let Niemi go for nothing then trade away assets for a goalie that would likely have a higher cap hit? Not to mention they've said they're moving on from Niemi as they'd like to get a younger goalie to develop around, but Niemi hasn't said he doesn't want to be back as far as I know so they could just re-sign him if they'd changed their minds.

Philly would not do. They have alot of faith in Couturier and is an important part to their team. And with your proposal, our second line would not generate enough offence. Burrows is on the downfall. will Likely score less then this year. And kassian has not topped 30 points while Couturier hasnt cracked 40 points in a season.

All these ehrhoff jokes... I think he is signed for 5 years more?? Pretty sure he has a better chance at the cup than us in that time.

Eichel , Kane , Zadorov , Ristolainen , Bogosian , Girgensons , Reinhart , Moulson , Grigorenko , ALL BEING 23-28 in that time....

He got bought out. Signed to Pitts for 1 year at 4 mill

People keep saying Miller to San Jose in proposals, but why would they let Niemi go for nothing then trade away assets for a goalie that would likely have a higher cap hit? Not to mention they've said they're moving on from Niemi as they'd like to get a younger goalie to develop around, but Niemi hasn't said he doesn't want to be back as far as I know so they could just re-sign him if they'd changed their minds.

Because Niemi sucks?

What I'd like to see

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Horvat-Kassian

Higgins-Bonino-Hansen

Virtanen-McCann-Kenins

Richardson

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

And try and get Tryamkin to come sooner!

Tryamkin-Pedan, no one is messing with those two

Sbisa 7th

Back end is way too slow..

Have to wonder if the second line center's already in-house, and if his name's Bo Horvat. At least on paper, it seems like when we have those two roles (2nd C and puck-mover) figured out we should be okay. Of course, if Benny can make changes to add scoring that would be great but I'd be confident. IF we could upgrade on Higgins too I'd do that, but otherwise the bottom 6 looks solid in that they could win their matchups, and if Zack develops, watch out.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (this line needs a net presence and shooter BADLY)

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata (if Bo falls flat I hope we move to get another center; Bear should get his shot)

Higgins - Bonino - Burr (they did well as the second line this year at times, so they should thrive as the 3rd)

Kenins - Richardson - Hansen (decent 4th line IMO, hope Richie stays)

MacMillan (he battles pretty well, makes for a decent 13th man)

Edler - Tanev (they're the best we've got, not touching this pairing)

Hammer - _____ (bye-bye, Juice; hello, big-money, big-minute offensive D-man)

______ - Weber (Yannick's not big but we need his shot; pair him with a giant)

Lack/ Miller (no preference as to who starts, both have been good)

Archived