The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Selke Finalists

Toews

The only awards that matter are the art ross, rocket, lester b

Rest are picked dumb with same people every year. How is it the same 2 people are up every year for selke and that other 'perserverence' trophy? Dumb. Sedins not sportsmqnlike? Should win a selke for picking up englands stick ffs

So by your logic, the Norris is dumb because Lidstrom won it so many times?

The only awards that matter are the art ross, rocket, lester b

Rest are picked dumb with same people every year. How is it the same 2 people are up every year for selke and that other 'perserverence' trophy? Dumb. Sedins not sportsmqnlike? Should win a selke for picking up englands stick ffs

You have something of a point, but manage to be very wrong at the same time. The human metric of those trophies can lead to some wtf moments (Karlsson winning the Norris?) but for the most part they're pretty accurate. Can you think of 3 better two way players in the league than Toews, Bergeron and Kopitar?

You have something of a point, but manage to be very wrong at the same time. The human metric of those trophies can lead to some wtf moments (Karlsson winning the Norris?) but for the most part they're pretty accurate. Can you think of 3 better two way players in the league than Toews, Bergeron and Kopitar?

says absolutely nothing about a two way trophy. Its awarded based on exceptional defensive play by a forward. With that being said hansen

I was under the impression Selke was a defensive award. Best defensive forward, do offensive stats matter? Not sure if I could name better 2 way forwards than those three though.

As of this year, Pavelski has to be in the conversation. It irritates me that many people just assume that the guys who were good last year must still be the best in the league without even looking at the numbers. Pavelski was great in in all possible defensive categories, much more well-rounded than Toews.

The nhl awards are jokes. A Canuck should be in this... Not two plugs that couldn't even get their team into the playoffs.

I nominate linden Vey. Better than kopy and berg

I hate to break it to you but nobody cares anymore for your shtick. You will have to do better than to get the attention you so desperately crave.

He's trying too hard now, I kind of just ignore it now.

He's passed into Steve Bennett territory. At least Steve was so blatant in his trolling that we were able to be rid of him. I have never placed anyone on ignore during my entire time here but I am considering it with him.

He's passed into Steve Bennett territory. At least Steve was so blatant in his trolling that we were able to be rid of him. I have never placed anyone on ignore during my entire time here but I am considering it with him.

Haha, Steve Bennett...that guy was something else. Weird thing is that he was actually very informative in the Off-topic section, and then would remove his brain whenever he entered a hockey discussion.

On topic. I give it to Bergeron...better FO% and more takeaways, I think he also had more blocked shots and hits. Those to me are all very important defensive statistics. Who scored more points shouldn't have anything to do with the award.

Archived