The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No way should Management be loyal to this group [Discussion]

The players have put in a terrible effort in the last three playoffs so why should Management keep coming back with the same crappy group?

1. Bieksa is at the top of the list, believe it or not his play has been "irrelevant" for three years.

2. Higgins is Mr. inconsistent

3. Burrows, love this guy but he needs a real chance to compete for a Cup, we owe that to him...

4. Kassian, if he's not going to play here Boston would love this guy!

5. Sbisa and Weber, package them up for Gudbranson

6. Miller, move him to San Jose to be closer to his wife, who hates Van City. San Jose would welcome him with open arms and we could land either a 1st-2015 or Hertl.

I suggest we package up Kassian and Bieksa plus Jensen for Lucic

Higgins would bring us a 2nd-2015

Burrows gets us Franson from Nashville

We land Hertl and Gudbranson in earlier deals, The new look Canucks are younger, bigger and Faster.

With Baertschi on a one way and Virtanen a can't miss for next year this team could make serious strides in the right direction for next year. But if we keep the same group together for next year the results will be the same and this fan base deserves way better.

cheers,

The players have put in a terrible effort in the last three playoffs so why should Management keep coming back with the same crappy group?

1. Bieksa is at the top of the list, believe it or not his play has been "irrelevant" for three years.

3. Burrows, love this guy but he needs a real chance to compete for a Cup, we owe that to him...

6. Miller, move him to San Jose to be closer to his wife, who hates Van City. San Jose would welcome him with open arms and we could land either a 1st-2015 or Hertl.

We land Hertl and Gudbranson in earlier deals, The new look Canucks are younger, bigger and Faster.

With Baertschi on a one way and Virtanen a can't miss for next year this team could make serious strides in the right direction for next year. But if we keep the same group together for next year the results will be the same and this fan base deserves way better.

cheers,

When you state things with the snap of a finger like "bring in" and "we land".....it's not a simple matter of ask and you shall receive.

And you lost me at Lucic. As we do transition with changes on our team, the last thing we want is a heat seeking missile called Lucic. On the ice fine/great/whatever but his street cred stuff...no. We want the focus to be purely on hockey...not tabloid. I want the focus to be developing young players, not recycling.

I want a methodical approach that will require some patience.

I do not want Lucic here. The guy is a nut job.

cheers,

This franchise owes Burrows a chance to win the Cup? why? Burrows should be grateful he even has a hockey career thanks to this franchise. Without them taking a chance on him, he would probably be working at the grocery store.

When you state things with the snap of a finger like "bring in" and "we land".....it's not a simple matter of ask and you shall receive.

And you lost me at Lucic. As we do transition with changes on our team, the last thing we want is a heat seeking missile called Lucic. On the ice fine/great/whatever but his street cred stuff...no. We want the focus to be purely on hockey...not tabloid. I want the focus to be developing young players, not recycling.

I want a methodical approach that will require some patience.

I do not want Lucic here. The guy is a nut job.

JB connection. Vancouver boy. Street cred?? Please. People were just salty he's a Bruin so they started fighting with him.

Lucic would change everything. No more getting bullied by anyone. Of course I say wait till next year and sign him instead of trading for him.

Lucic, Kass, Virtanen, and Pedan! #goonsquad #onecandream

cheers,

as long as you let benning decide who he moves...he knows hockey talent.. we just have opinions.

1) Our D needs MAJOR work and moving Bieksa (as much as I :wub: the guy) makes the most sense.

2)While I'd not be opposed to moving Higgins, he's not the problem so long as he's in the bottom 6.

3) Burr is too versatile (able to play on any line, PK, PP, 5v5 offense, checking) to move IMO.

4) Kassian needs to get healthy and continue to develop. I don't move him for anything short of over payment.

5)Sbisa's not going anywhere with Hammer's contract expiring. They'll have to make a choice on Weber/Clendening IMO.

6)I'd move Miller if the opportunity presents itself. Use that salary to upgrade our D 1st pairing.

JB connection. Vancouver boy. Street cred?? Please. People were just salty he's a Bruin so they started fighting with him.

Lucic would change everything. No more getting bullied by anyone. Of course I say wait till next year and sign him instead of trading for him.

Lucic, Kass, Virtanen, and Pedan! #goonsquad #onecandream

No Lucic is a classless player who takes cheapshots at players and has anger issues as well as an ego problem. He would be a cancer to Vancouver, and he is also inconsistant as well as he would take a big hit on our cap. No thanks.

Archived