The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Should Lucic ever be welcomed to the Canucks?

The only reason people hate this guy is because of his antics on the ice. Canucks get what i like to call Zack Kassian +. He's tough, can hit hard and can put pucks in the back of the net. I personally would accept the guy and his favourite team before the draft was the canucks and he said that he wouldn't mind playing for the canucks. If your going to say when he was harassed in vancouver and he said he's never coming back.

It wasn’t like this for Andrew Ladd of Maple Ridge or Delta’s Brent Seabrook when the Chicago Blackhawks bounced the Canucks from the playoffs on their way to a Stanley Cup in 2010. Or for Burnaby’s Joe Sakic earlier in the decade when the Colorado Avalanche won its second Stanley Cup and had a rivalry with the Canucks that escalated so dangerously that Todd Bertuzzi ended Steve Moore’s career in 2004.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Bruins+Milan+Lucic+make+mood+with+Vancouver/9464977/story.html#ixzz3YAxOHxzV

If he's willing to come here after all that has happened, yes.

Even though he said this before all that's happened he still said it; "Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

If the price is right, I'd strongly consider it.

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Burrows - Horvat - Kassian

Kenins - Matthias - Hansen

I'm thinking Higgins++ (Jensen and either this years 1st or next?) Gives Boston a couple good assets as well as gives them cap relief.

If the price is right, I'd strongly consider it.

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Burrows - Horvat - Kassian

Kenins - Matthias - Hansen

I'm thinking Higgins++ (Jensen and either this years 1st or next?) Gives Boston a couple good assets as well as gives them cap relief.

Seeing how both Kassian and Lucic succeed with other powerforwards (Lucic with Horton, Iginla.... Bitz lol. Kassian with Booth, Matthias, Foligno in Rochester and the WJC, Archibald in Chicago) you would expect them to do great together...

Not to mention the upcoming crop of young powerforwards coming into the pacific, the Canucks could use a player like Lucic.

It'd be better if they would take cap back. But yes, yes I would at the right price, without question.

He's got size, surprising mobility, a strong wrist shot and the nastiness to complement the Twins.

That might even convince Trader Jim to deal Pizza if not Derek as well, since he'd have plenty of truculence but not much cap room, and those two still don't convince me that they're work their $$$. With Kass, Looch, Burr and other cheaper physical guys on the team I think we'd be able to have a good balance of toughness with skill.

dream scenario is the Bruins buy him out, then JB use his Boston connection to sign him for half oh his current salary.

let Richardson and Matthias go, trade Higgins.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Vrbata

Beartschi - Bonino - Kassian

Lucic - Horvat - Virtanen

Kenins - UFA - Dorsett/Hansen

The real question is would the players want him here?

After what happened in history..

I don't think he did anything to the Canucks that a lot of teams haven't done. Hamhuis hurt himself by trying to hipcheck Looch.

Marchand is the guy who probably have a tough time, but players are able to get past such things.

Most of the Canucks hated Richie from his time with the Kings. Juice even mentioned it on a "Canucks this week" segment.

Hell no. Guy has zero class on or off the ice. It would be Messier 2.0 for sure.

kind of ironic that you say this while having Bieksa landing a bunch of cheapshots into someone's face as your sig.

anyway, I would love Lucic here. would change the dynamic of our embarrassing top 6 significantly. imagine Ferland scaring the pants off our entire lineup if we had Lucic and a healthy Kassian in our lineup? wouldn't happen.

we'd also do away with this ineffective 'finesse' game and we'd get more bodies in front of the net.

As I just posted elsewhere...

Frankly our D should be a far bigger priority than our forwards this summer. We'll already have Kassian returning, a one year older Horvat, Baer coming in and a bunch of other quality prospects including Virtanen knocking on the door in the next couple years. Lucic is frankly redundant with guys like Kassian and Virtanen coming in and his cap hit is problematic.

We've already got forwards in the pipeline to "fix" the problems at forward. Benning needs to fix the D.

The NHL is a cap league. Lucic is getting paid $6 mill for 2 more years. Odds are in 2 years (he will be 28 then), he wants more than $6 mill (what he's currently getting) with whichever team he's with or he will hit the open market and get it regardless. I can't see Lucic taking less than what he's getting now because he'll be in his prime and teams will be willing to pay him.

Because of that, no way I want him. $6 mill is is far too much for a PW goon. He's getting paid more than top line centres and players that are far better than him. Plus if the Bruins traded him, they'd want the premium coming back even though Milan's value is at an all time low. Contract, future contract, current play, price.... = big no no.

Archived